+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vocational education for refugee claimants

Jan 17, 2019
Hi. I am aware that refugee claimants are not entitled to student loans and would pay international fees if they decided to study at a university/college in Canada.

I am wondering if there are vocational institutions that offer courses for refugee claimants to learn a trade/craft. Such courses may be free or with affordable fees. Any leads?

Thanks.

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
Hi. I am aware that refugee claimants are not entitled to student loans and would pay international fees if they decided to study at a university/college in Canada.

I am wondering if there are vocational institutions that offer courses for refugee claimants to learn a trade/craft. Such courses may be free or with affordable fees. Any leads?

Thanks.
Hi! Have ever visited any newcomer settlement agency in your area? Visit them, they may refer you to the right one, there is a plenty of opportunities for refugee claimants and settlement agencies have all this info. Let me know your area/province and I may find a settlement agency for you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks.
Most courses will still require a student visa and apprentiships must go to Canadians and PRs because they are in limited supply.