+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VO in doubt

mirri

Mar 31, 2010
Hallo. I have a question to all who will read my message. The VO processing my application is in doubt of my work experience simply because the organization i work for is dip in the village and they pay me cash so no paystubs, but i have proof of pictures with me and the children ( i work in a children,s home). What will he do call interview or deny. What do you think guys? Somebody any idea

aselom

Mar 17, 2010
He/she will probably ask for more evidence to support your employment claim. Since there is no pay stub, what you can do is to also have the employer write a letter for you to explain what you do. But once again, it's left to the VO to accept it or not. Now, if he/she calls you for an interview, it's even better and you'll have the opportunity to answer all the question the person may have about the application. But the most important issue is to make sure you have enough evidence to support your claim.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What about a job contract with you and your employer and the taxes that you report? Surely when you report the earnings, there are taxes withheld, and the name of the employer appears on the tax withheld slip/report.

omollo

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the Organization need to write a letter have it notarized by the AG - you can take it to a magistrate or a DC - if you are in Nairobi - Milimani does it - if you are in the village go to the local DC's office-
and have them notarize - keep copy and send original

mirri

Mar 31, 2010
Omollo how long did it take for you to get the interview letter coz now its been 10 months since i sent my application and 2 months since they called my reference? When i sent my application the reference letter had letter head and stamp and they also called my employer and he told them what i do. I don,t pay any tax coz my income is below taxable amount. Dont you think 2 months is enough for them to have made a decision if they already called my references? Alll welcome to reply. :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mirri said:
Omollo how long did it take for you to get the interview letter coz now its been 10 months since i sent my application and 2 months since they called my reference? When i sent my application the reference letter had letter head and stamp and they also called my employer and he told them what i do. I don,t pay any tax coz my income is below taxable amount. Dont you think 2 months is enough for them to have made a decision if they already called my references? Alll welcome to reply. :(
Probably takes longer time in the region you sent your application to. In the US it takes 2-4 months to process an application (approved or refused). In the Philippines it takes 12-18 months to process apps for Live in Caregivers. So check the length of time apps are processed in your region.