+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

vistors visa application from US and processing in India

smokycat25

Jan 4, 2020
I applied for a Canada visa for my tourist visa using the online application on 7th December. I live in the US and but I had to travel to India before the visa process could complete.

Since I didn't enough time in the US for giving biometrics, I thought of continuing the visa process in India, I gave biometrics in Kolkata on 23rd. Its been almost 10 days not but I still haven't received any correspondence letter to tell if they have received my biometrics or not. I have my flight tickets booked on 28th Jan for Canada.

In my application, I had mentioned that the country or territory where applying as the US, so is it that India consulate will not process my application and is this the reason that my application is still in processing state? If so what do I do in this case?

Has anyone been in this position, where people have applied in different country and done the processing in another? Or any suggestions for me to do?

Last edited:

smokycat25

Jan 4, 2020
UPDATE: I have sent email to the immigration in Delhi about this and haven't received any response, its been 5 days now.