+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vistor Visa - Work Permit

torontoluv

Aug 9, 2010
hi,

Please i will llike to know if it is possible to change from Visitor Visa to Work permit if you find an employer who is willing to employ you?
and also please what is the precedure while in Canada? I am born british

Thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
torontoluv said:
hi,

Please i will llike to know if it is possible to change from Visitor Visa to Work permit if you find an employer who is willing to employ you?
and also please what is the precedure while in Canada? I am born british

Thank you
The employer has to advertise the vacancy with the Job Bank and another major website, apply for a LMO in your favour ( HRSDC) and once a positive LMO has been received you can then apply for your Work Permit (you can actually go to the closest border and obtain your WP from there).

Aug 22, 2010
Hello, i was been here in canada since 0ct.2008 as tfw, i fail to renew my passport before applying for a visa in our country my passport is only valid until 2009 so, my visa follows but i have a 2 years contract. So, what i did i renewed my passport in Toronto, my work permit, health card and sin card. Now, me and all of my co-workers are renewed for another 2 years and our work permit are on process.
Am planning to go home for a vacation on january, i already asked permission from our manager and he said we are allowed for 2 weeks leave with pay so i can use that time.
My problem is how can i renew my visa? And, is there no problem for me to go home because most of my co-workers are afraid they might not be able to come back if they go home for a vacation?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Judith Bautista said:
Hello, i was been here in canada since 0ct.2008 as tfw, i fail to renew my passport before applying for a visa in our country my passport is only valid until 2009 so, my visa follows but i have a 2 years contract. So, what i did i renewed my passport in Toronto, my work permit, health card and sin card. Now, me and all of my co-workers are renewed for another 2 years and our work permit are on process.
Am planning to go home for a vacation on january, i already asked permission from our manager and he said we are allowed for 2 weeks leave with pay so i can use that time.
My problem is how can i renew my visa? And, is there no problem for me to go home because most of my co-workers are afraid they might not be able to come back if they go home for a vacation?
Apply for your TRV either at Buffalo or Seattle. Send your application together with your WP and a letter from your employer.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA