Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Bryanna said:
Yeah, the 'h' has been dropped.

If you want to re-change every document then it's going to be time-consuming and a lot of work.

What you can do: If the name in your dad's passport is correct.... then do include a couple of other documents which are considered as ID proofs (Driver's License/Aadhar Card/Electoral Voters Card, etc).... and mention this error in the Cover Letter

All the best :)

Should i include my dads ID proofs (Driver's License/Aadhar Card/Electoral Voters Card, etc) and mention his name is misspelled in my passport. That waht you are saying?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ganapathi
Yes, do include some official ID proofs + your dad's passport copy in which his name is spelled correctly (without any variation in these documents).

Also, do submit an explanation in the Cover Letter for the incorrect spelling in your documents

NLatif

Jul 15, 2015
Hi,

I have applied visit visa for my parents for more than 6 months ago. As I check with embassy they say that it is under processing. I went to MPA in Edmonton to help expedite this. He check with the Embassy and they came back with the same response that it is in processing. Any idea why they are taking so long and what can be done further. The maximum processing time for visit visa is 72 days and now it has been more than 180 days.

Regards,
NL

BassetVJones

Jul 14, 2015
Hello everyone,

I know this isn't the appropriate place to post this, however, I can not seem to create a new thread/topic. Ofcourse, I have looked at the help page and examined the forums carefully, but the "post new thread" button that should appear at the top and bottom of each forum is not there. Am i missing something? I sincerely apologize for such a naive question; any help would be much appreciated as i need advice on TRV visas. Perhaps I need to reply to a post first in order to create a new topic..

Kind Regards,

Basset

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
NLatif said:
Hi,

I have applied visit visa for my parents for more than 6 months ago. As I check with embassy they say that it is under processing. I went to MPA in Edmonton to help expedite this. He check with the Embassy and they came back with the same response that it is in processing. Any idea why they are taking so long and what can be done further. The maximum processing time for visit visa is 72 days and now it has been more than 180 days.

Regards,
NL
Which visa office?

Paper submission or online?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
BassetVJones said:
Hello everyone,

I know this isn't the appropriate place to post this, however, I can not seem to create a new thread/topic. Ofcourse, I have looked at the help page and examined the forums carefully, but the "post new thread" button that should appear at the top and bottom of each forum is not there. Am i missing something? I sincerely apologize for such a naive question; any help would be much appreciated as i need advice on TRV visas. Perhaps I need to reply to a post first in order to create a new topic..

Kind Regards,

Basset
Hi,

Do go to the main Visitor section of this forum.... on the right side (just beside the page numbers).... ie at the top of the list of topics posted, you will see a Notify button/New Topic button (in a dark shade of blue).

Click on the New Topic button to Start a new topic

Cheers

rohitcan

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Docs Reached 26 May 2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015/TLU - 20 May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR 12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
Bryanna said:
Are you referring to TRVs or Super Visas?

btw one does not *sponsor* visitors for TRVs/Super Visas.... one only *hosts* them
Dear Bryanna,

Thanks for the response first of all

Actually I applied for PR application and my application is in final stage ( Medicals have been received )

I want to know when Can I sponser my parents , they are dependent on me

Really thankful to you if u can share any official CIC link for the same

Sponsor I mean visitor visa for Parents

Please advise

marshie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
20-03-2017
Med's Request
Done
hello po..

i'm planning to visit my boyfriend in canada this december for 1 week. my problem is the invitation letter.. there's some says that letter from bf/gf/fiancee is a red flag. So dont know what to do if we gonna use the letter for a friend or bf/gf..

If ever.. i have a friend or known someone like my mom's bf. is it okay if she will write a letter? do I need to provide proof of relationship to his mom such as pictures in submitting my documents?

hope you can help me. thank you!!!

Catherine27

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
25-02-2016
AOR Received.
No AOR1 / AOR2: 21-01-16
File Transfer...
SA by mail 30-12-2015 (letter date: 14-12-2015)
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
marshie said:
hello po..

i'm planning to visit my boyfriend in canada this december for 1 week. my problem is the invitation letter.. there's some says that letter from bf/gf/fiancee is a red flag. So dont know what to do if we gonna use the letter for a friend or bf/gf..

If ever.. i have a friend or known someone like my mom's bf. is it okay if she will write a letter? do I need to provide proof of relationship to his mom such as pictures in submitting my documents?

hope you can help me. thank you!!!
I think, it is better you indicate that he is your friend and he invite you as a friend.

I did it same the past year and they delivered the visitor visa without any problem.

:)

Good luck