+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vistor Visa-Extension

YasmineWafa

May 8, 2020
There isn’t an exact amount. You should be able to support yourself in Canada without help from your sister and have the funds to travel home. Is there currently flights available to your destination? Unless you are retired most adults need to be at home to work or care for their family especially after 6 months. If you don’t have a lot of funds there will be concerns about you potentially working for cash or what your intentions are if you have already been away from home for 6 months.
I have available funds for my self. But I failed to open an account with my only self as I have no SIN thus the bank advised us to open a joint bank account. Is it ok to a have a joint account ? I am working in my own country. Currently, there are no flights to my country. Also, I am worried about my younger sister as she is here alone for her studies.That is why i am trying to apply for an extend.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have available funds for my self. But I failed to open an account with my only self as I have no SIN thus the bank advised us to open a joint bank account. Is it ok to a have a joint account ? I am working in my own country. Currently, there are no flights to my country. Also, I am worried about my younger sister as she is here alone for her studies.That is why i am trying to apply for an extend.
It is very unusual for a visitor to get a Canadian bank account. You should be submitting evidence from your home country bank account. If you are working remotely from Canada your company must not have any offices or clients in Canada. International students are expected to be able to care for themselves. If your 6 month stay expires in August it is too early to apply for an extension and there is a good chance that you will be able to fly home before your visitor status expires.

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
Can I know please what are the supporting documents you have submitted ? Kindly notify me. Thanks.
Hi Yasmine
Do you have the link where you can upload the application? I made an online account but cant find the visitor record application.

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hi Everyone,
Hope you are doing well.

I have applied for Visitor visa extension of my parents. They have multiple entry visitor visa that expires in 2023. They arrived in Canada in Dec-2020. I applied for extension in June-2021. (15 days before 6 months)

The problem is: I only applied for 1 month. Now, my parents want to stay longer. Considering the application processing is taking longer than 6 months, Can I raise a web form requesting a change in extension requirement? Will they have to leave at the end of July? (i.e. the requested extension date)

I will appreciate your advice on above. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Can you please tell what is the process or steps to request extension?

And is there really a requirement to file extension only when 30+ days are left in first 6months expiration?

Last thing, what happens if we file extension and it takes 3months for approval and parents fly back to home country before that approval and but after 6months completed..then what will happen ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you please tell what is the process or steps to request extension?

And is there really a requirement to file extension only when 30+ days are left in first 6months expiration?

Last thing, what happens if we file extension and it takes 3months for approval and parents fly back to home country before that approval and but after 6months completed..then what will happen ?
You don’t have to apply 30 days in advance. Would apply a few days before expiry if stay in case you run into problems. Parents need to log into the portal and follow the instructions. The prompts will help you apply. If parents fly home before their hear the results of the extension nothing happens but if they are requested to do a medical they must do it even from home because they benefitted from the extra time in Canada.