+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visting Visa - Marriage certificate

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

I and wife are expecting a baby soon. I am planning to bring wife's parents here on a visiting visa to support her.
The issue is, on their marriage certificate, mom's name is different from the one she is having on her passport.

Can we file our application with an affidavit saying both names belongs to the same person only etc?

Correcting the name on marriage certificate seems to be impossible within this limited time frame and correcting the name on her passport makes it difficult as all her other documents are having this new name and not the name on marriage cert.

Please advise.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone,

I and wife are expecting a baby soon. I am planning to bring wife's parents here on a visiting visa to support her.
The issue is, on their marriage certificate, mom's name is different from the one she is having on her passport.

Can we file our application with an affidavit saying both names belongs to the same person only etc?

Correcting the name on marriage certificate seems to be impossible within this limited time frame and correcting the name on her passport makes it difficult as all her other documents are having this new name and not the name on marriage cert.

Please advise.
A signed statement itself should suffice.

Alternatively I would provide their passport page that lists them as spouse on each other's passport as well as parents on your passport

Reactions: dinodn

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
A signed statement itself should suffice.

Alternatively I would provide their passport page that lists them as spouse on each other's passport as well as parents on your passport
@subodhp Thanks for the reply. I am considering of getting an affidavit along with passport copies, a letter of explanation. I guess that will do it
Thanks again

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

Please advise.
You don't really need the marriage certificate. The passport copies of both partners should suffice. This is based on my experience with my and parents applications, where we submitted only passport copies for the proof of marriage.

Reactions: dinodn

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
You don't really need the marriage certificate. The passport copies of both partners should suffice. This is based on my experience with my and parents applications, where we submitted only passport copies for the proof of marriage.
Hi @TRIGGER, one of the supporting document they ask in GC online portal is "Marriage License/Certificate", for country India