+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visotor visa for spouse while waiting for sponsorship

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
So here is my situation

I am a Canadian citizen I lived in Egypt from age 5 to 30 then got married to an Egyptian girl in Egypt. after 3 years of marriage (no kids) I moved back to Canada got a job then applied for sponsorship on august 2019. the CIC site says it takes about a year for to process the PR for a spouse sponsorship.

since I am going to Egypt for vacation in October and November then coming back. I thought if I apply for a visitor visa for my wife so if it gets approved she can come back to Canada with me when I return in November and lives here until the PR comes through.

I am going to be honest in the visitor visa application and say that I applied for a sponsorship but since it takes a lot of time and since me and my wife have been apart for more than a year id like to bring her over to celebrate our wedding anniversary and Christmas holidays in Canada (I wont be mentioning that ill go to Egypt and come back with her). ill attach a letter of explanation along side the letter of invitation no explain this.

now I realize that because my wife works as a freelancer online and her only ties to Egypt is that she lives with her retired parents, she might not get approved. but to maximize our chances I was wondering if any one here has advice about how to word the letter of explanation to explain the situation. I thought about implying that she takes care of her parents but I am worried that because she applied for a sponsorship it might seem like we are lying since she will leave them anyway in a year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So here is my situation

I am a Canadian citizen I lived in Egypt from age 5 to 30 then got married to an Egyptian girl in Egypt. after 3 years of marriage (no kids) I moved back to Canada got a job then applied for sponsorship on august 2019. the CIC site says it takes about a year for to process the PR for a spouse sponsorship.

since I am going to Egypt for vacation in October and November then coming back. I thought if I apply for a visitor visa for my wife so if it gets approved she can come back to Canada with me when I return in November and lives here until the PR comes through.

I am going to be honest in the visitor visa application and say that I applied for a sponsorship but since it takes a lot of time and since me and my wife have been apart for more than a year id like to bring her over to celebrate our wedding anniversary and Christmas holidays in Canada (I wont be mentioning that ill go to Egypt and come back with her). ill attach a letter of explanation along side the letter of invitation no explain this.

now I realize that because my wife works as a freelancer online and her only ties to Egypt is that she lives with her retired parents, she might not get approved. but to maximize our chances I was wondering if any one here has advice about how to word the letter of explanation to explain the situation. I thought about implying that she takes care of her parents but I am worried that because she applied for a sponsorship it might seem like we are lying since she will leave them anyway in a year.
Would suggest that you remain in Canada. You just arrived in August 2019 after a 25 year absence and will be leaving again October and November. Is your employer allowing you to take so much vacation after you just started? Your wife has low chances of being approved there is not much you can do. Technically you can visit her if you want to celebrate your anniversary. May be a better idea to scrap the October/November visit(s) and go in December. Your focus should be on establishing your life in Canada to show that you are planning on living in Canada longterm.

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
Would suggest that you remain in Canada. You just arrived in August 2019 after a 25 year absence and will be leaving again October and November. Is your employer allowing you to take so much vacation after you just started? Your wife has low chances of being approved there is not much you can do. Technically you can visit her if you want to celebrate your anniversary. May be a better idea to scrap the October/November visit(s) and go in December. Your focus should be on establishing your life in Canada to show that you are planning on living in Canada longterm.
yes I will only be away for 3 weeks leaving October 26 returning November 11. my employer is very understanding because he is originally lebaneese and has a lot of immigrant workers so he understands the need for a vacation and basically ive been working extra days like Saturdays in exchange for extra vacation days when that comes. I even arranged the exact dates with him before I booked the flight.

I am visiting her the thing is I don't know if you guys follow the news but things are getting worse in Egypt very fast these days, I mean even worse than it has been for the last 4 years it is getting extra worse.

so basically this is a hail marry move to try to get her here faster. I know the chances are low but the temp visa is only like 150 CAD so its not a big deal. if it works it works.

I am going to give the impression in the letter that I want her to come because I can't go.

so again my question is for advice from people who invited their spouses / girl friends with a visitor temporary visa, what is the best way to word the letter of explanation to raise the chances she might be accepted.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes I will only be away for 3 weeks leaving October 26 returning November 11. my employer is very understanding because he is originally lebaneese and has a lot of immigrant workers so he understands the need for a vacation and basically ive been working extra days like Saturdays in exchange for extra vacation days when that comes. I even arranged the exact dates with him before I booked the flight.

I am visiting her the thing is I don't know if you guys follow the news but things are getting worse in Egypt very fast these days, I mean even worse than it has been for the last 4 years it is getting extra worse.

so basically this is a hail marry move to try to get her here faster. I know the chances are low but the temp visa is only like 150 CAD so its not a big deal. if it works it works.

I am going to give the impression in the letter that I want her to come because I can't go.

so again my question is for advice from people who invited their spouses / girl friends with a visitor temporary visa, what is the best way to word the letter of explanation to raise the chances she might be accepted.
You have to prove that she has incredibly strong ties so that she will actually just visit Canada temporarily and return to Egypt. Longterm good job with proof of vacation time, property, good savings and international travel experience. Yet again even though you are a Canadian you have not lived in Canada, while processing your application I would encourage you to spend time in Canada and establish your life here since you will need to convince the case officer that you are resettling in Canada for good. The chances are pretty low.

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
You have to prove that she has incredibly strong ties so that she will actually just visit Canada temporarily and return to Egypt. Longterm good job with proof of vacation time, property, good savings and international travel experience. Yet again even though you are a Canadian you have not lived in Canada, while processing your application I would encourage you to spend time in Canada and establish your life here since you will need to convince the case officer that you are resettling in Canada for good. The chances are pretty low.
I think proving my ties to Canada is going really well actually. I have proof of selling my house and car in Egypt and proof of resignation form my old work in Egypt and from the department of labour in Egypt proving I no longer work anywhere in Egypt. I have a job here as a quality supervisor in a plant. I am now a member of the new Brunswick association of professional engineers and I am a working member in the north American society of quality the maritime local chapter. I have a one year lease for an apartment. I think I am pretty well established here. I even have family here my cousin is married and living in the same city.

when you say the chances are really low I hope you mean regarding the temporary visa and not the sponsorship.

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
just to make things clear because again this is very recent and Egypt is not the most important country in the world so you guys might not be aware . in the last month and especially the last week Egypt has been showing signs it is about to go nuclear (politically). I am seriously worried the situation over there might blow up sometime during the next 6 months so this is a hail marry I understand the chances are low. however I would appreciate any advice from anyone who had a visitor visa made for a spouse / girl friend etc.... what exactly do you write in the letter of exploitation to maximize the chances of acceptance as much as possible.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Your sponsorship appears fine especially since you have reasonable proof of establishment in Canada. I doubt that you'd have an issue with your sponsorship.

For the letter - it's really impossible to say. Every case is different. In your place, I would just write the honest truth (you are a Canadian citizen sponsoring your wife, and you wish to be together in Canada since you are worried about her all alone in Egypt). I mean, no matter what you write, it will be obvious that this is the real reason, so why not write that? If you're going to get denied anyway, better to get denied for telling the truth. Otherwise, you'll be wondering whether you should have just been upfront.

If you are lucky, you may get a sympathetic officer who approves your visa. The chances are very low, but it's not completely impossible.

Reactions: greycell

greycell

Jan 4, 2017
Your sponsorship appears fine especially since you have reasonable proof of establishment in Canada. I doubt that you'd have an issue with your sponsorship.

For the letter - it's really impossible to say. Every case is different. In your place, I would just write the honest truth (you are a Canadian citizen sponsoring your wife, and you wish to be together in Canada since you are worried about her all alone in Egypt). I mean, no matter what you write, it will be obvious that this is the real reason, so why not write that? If you're going to get denied anyway, better to get denied for telling the truth. Otherwise, you'll be wondering whether you should have just been upfront.

If you are lucky, you may get a sympathetic officer who approves your visa. The chances are very low, but it's not completely impossible.
I like that very much. ok ill just do that. finger crossed it will either get approved or Egypt will wait a year or so before exploding. (I wish it wouldn't blow up at all but that seems rather impossible from what I see.)

thanks for all the help.