+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Will a return ticket submitted along with visa application be strong enough proof for visa approval? I am thinking of getting a return ticket booked (Air Canada gives a ticket conditionally, that if visa is rejected, they will refund the money) on safer side. What is your take on that? However, the only trouble is that if we buy a return ticket then I need to pre-plan the trip right away. Otherwise changing date on the ticket is also expensive.
Return tickets (even if refundable) do not indicate a strong reason to return to the home country.

Your partner should focus on other strong ties: Employment + property/land ownership or a lease + good financial situation + dependent family members + previous travel history to visa-required countries, etc

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Return tickets (even if refundable) do not indicate a strong reason to return to the home country.

Your partner should focus on other strong ties: Employment + property/land ownership or a lease + good financial situation + dependent family members + previous travel history to visa-required countries, etc
Hmm...the whole checklist looks good. Except the travel history. Which is none. Problem?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hmm...the whole checklist looks good. Except the travel history. Which is none. Problem?
If you'd like to share the list of documents s/he intends to submit + some basics about the personal/professional situation then we can suggest how to present those ties well to overcome the lack of previous travel

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hi Bryanna/Scylla,
I have one query if you r anyone else can cleared up for me. My sister will apply for visit visa and I am going to provider her a invitation letter. My question is
In IMM 5257 Details of visit visa to Canada

Purpose of visit :
Business
Tourism
Visit
Family visit

Which she should select. As I know sister is not family although she is going to visit me, can she select family and fill up my name address phone number or she should select visit.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna/Scylla,
I have one query if you r anyone else can cleared up for me. My sister will apply for visit visa and I am going to provider her a invitation letter. My question is
In IMM 5257 Details of visit visa to Canada

Purpose of visit :
Business
Tourism
Visit
Family visit

Which she should select. As I know sister is not family although she is going to visit me, can she select family and fill up my name address phone number or she should select visit.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Your sister is your family member. She would be applying for a 'Family Visit'. Don't go strictly by the definition of 'family member'. It does not apply to every application/situation

Reactions: iceberge

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Your sister is your family member. She would be applying for a 'Family Visit'. Don't go strictly by the definition of 'family member'. It does not apply to every application/situation
Thank you so much Brianna for your help. I'm so glad for clearing up my confusion.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
I booked my parents ticket for visiting to Canada for 6 months. I just realized that the total number of days from their date of arrival here and date of departure is coming to 183 days. Is this ok or immigration officer will create a problem for this? Will I have to get their return date changed as visitor visa cannot be more than 6 months? If someone has any idea on this...it will be of great help!

Thanks.