+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visas for Parents

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I am asking on behalf of a family friend. They are permanent residents in the final stage of their citizenship process. They want to invite their parents for visitation. They have not travelled or seen their parents for 5-6 years. The family came into Canada as international students but later made a refugee claim and was approved. Would the past refugee claims affect their parents' family visit visas?

iSimran

Star Member
May 20, 2021
can someone can answer this (How much money do you have for your stay in Canada?) behalf on my parents but I am taking care of their stay (Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada?) what should I put in thx

Phani038

May 27, 2019
Hey guys, please help me with your inputs about my situation. I stay in Canada and filling the Visitor Visa documents to invite my parents. For Financials, I'm planning to show 5 Lakhs. Right now, I have 5 Lakhs in a Bank (Bank Account1-Joint account of mine and my father) with continuous transactions for almost 2 years. My Parents' joint account is with another bank(Bank Account2-Joint account of mother and father) that doesn't have any transaction history. Do you suggest to keep the funds in BankAccount1 or BankAccount2?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am asking on behalf of a family friend. They are permanent residents in the final stage of their citizenship process. They want to invite their parents for visitation. They have not travelled or seen their parents for 5-6 years. The family came into Canada as international students but later made a refugee claim and was approved. Would the past refugee claims affect their parents' family visit visas?
It could impact the parents application. Depends on numerous things including the current state of their home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
can someone can answer this (How much money do you have for your stay in Canada?) behalf on my parents but I am taking care of their stay (Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada?) what should I put in thx
They must show their own funds. You can attach proof of your own funds in addition to their funds. Technically visitors are supposed to show that they are able to cover their own costs for the visit although we have seen some parents get approved even though they didn’t have enough funds. Approval comes down to a combination of various things. Based on what you are describing your parents need to indicate that someone else will be paying for their travel.

Reactions: iSimran

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
It could impact the parents application. Depends on numerous things including the current state of their home country.
OK Thanks @canuck78 appreciate. What is that one thing you think they must include to facilitate approval? The parents have good business with proof of funds.