+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

anirudh0326

Jun 23, 2017
applied on 10june
got passport request on 22june.

Going to delhi tomm to submit passport. any documents I need to carry besides passport & passport request letter?
Did you apply online? Also, have you travelled to US before and therefore applied through the CAN+ program?

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Hello Everyone
My dad got his visitor visa on 16th June until his passport expires. Does he has to travel within one month of getting visa or he can come anytime ?
Because he is not planning to come until mid August.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Everyone
My dad got his visitor visa on 16th June until his passport expires. Does he has to travel within one month of getting visa or he can come anytime ?
Because he is not planning to come until mid August.
Thanks
He can travel in August. No worries. Basically, he can travel anytime during the validity of his TRV

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
If you didn't mention about CAN + but you have traveled twice to USA in past ten years.. Germany, Dubai and Malaysia as well...will they consider CAN + AUTOMATICALLY??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you didn't mention about CAN + but you have traveled twice to USA in past ten years.. Germany, Dubai and Malaysia as well...will they consider CAN + AUTOMATICALLY??
Generally, VFS staff will check the passports at the time of submission for any valid US visa.... and mark the application as CAN+.

For both paper/online applications, one must request for CAN+ processing in the cover letter + scan the US visa or previous travel to the US/Canada

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Generally, VFS staff will check the passports at the time of submission for any valid US visa.... and mark the application as CAN+.

For both paper/online applications, one must request for CAN+ processing in the cover letter + scan the US visa or previous travel to the US/Canada
Oh okay. I already sumbitted my application, but I had no idea about CAN+. Its been almost 5 days since I applied. I guess it too late to add cover later :(

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Have you traveling to the US/another country first? And, have you booked your tickets?
It's my husband's application actually. But yes he has travelled to USA in 2009 and 2012 for month each time. He has also travelled to Germany, Malaysia, Dubai..

And no we didn't book ticket.

gary4gar

May 28, 2017
Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre,New Delhi on 29/06/2017 vide Blue Dart. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website

my passport is on the way but the tracking id doesn't work on bluedart website. what to do?

Payal Patel

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Have you traveling to the US/another country first? And, have you booked your tickets?

Hey do you think, if i send them online query about treating my husband application as CAN + application through IRCC website... will that help? or that will only delay the process?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey do you think, if i send them online query about treating my husband application as CAN + application through IRCC website... will that help? or that will only delay the process?
You can certainly try. There's nothing to lose.

No, it will not delay the process