+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
rameshkn said:
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for your quick reply and sharing information.

I am travelling to Austin/Dallas during this trip, reaching US on 22nd November and planned to go to Canada on 5th December. Hopefully there is a Visa application center in Austin and i can get the stamping in US.

But first i need to get the passport request. Will update after getting the passport request. How many days it takes to get stamping in India, is canada visa stamping done in bangalore?

Regards
Ramesh
Hi Ramesh,

No, there is no VAC in Austin, Texas. There are two VACs: New York and LA.

If you get a passport request:
My advice is do not submit your passport for visa stamping in the US.

Passport submission (in the US) is not as straightforward as it is in India + you won't get your passport back in time for your Canada visit. This means you may have to change your plans to visit Canada.

In India: You must submit your passport to the Bangalore VFS/VAC.... include a copy of your flight tickets and request for expedited stamping..... and opt to collect the processed passport from the VFS/VAC (do not opt for courier delivery).

It takes about a week for visa stamping if you submit your passport in Bangalore

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Bryanna said:
This means that some internal processing has happened on your application

Have you bought confirmed tickets?

As you applied online, your TRV application could be processed anywhere in the world..... not necessarily by either the NDVO or CHD visa office.

You will get a passport request prior to a final decision being made.... and later after visa stamping, the status update will change to "Approved and closed"

Hope you get your TRV soon

Hi Bryanna,

One quick query,

While surfing cic.gc.ca site, I found link to check ETA STATUS. Form asked for application number, passport number, Data of issuance and date of expiry. After filling all required details, it stated that your application is under review and you will get an update on it in next 72 hours. I checked my cic account at same time and status there is "Not started". So Message I received at check of ETA STATUS is static one? Is it common for all?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ROHIT2587 said:
Hi Bryanna,

One quick query,

While surfing cic.gc.ca site, I found link to check ETA STATUS. Form asked for application number, passport number, Data of issuance and date of expiry. After filling all required details, it stated that your application is under review and you will get an update on it in next 72 hours. I checked my cic account at same time and status there is "Not started". So Message I received at check of ETA STATUS is static one? Is it common for all?
You're looking at the wrong link. India is not a visa-exempt country (TRV is necessary, eTA is not applicable),

As you have applied online, the updates for your TRV application are those in your MyCIC account

rsach

Star Member
Jul 17, 2016
Hi ,

Can I show funds in the name of support from family, As I myself do not own much funds ? I have a joint A/c which has accumulated money which was being transferred by my father to support for the visa, Can I show it with affidavit of support from my parents ?

Thanks,
Rohit

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
rsach said:
Hi ,

Can I show funds in the name of support from family, As I myself do not own much funds ? I have a joint A/c which has accumulated money which was being transferred by my father to support for the visa, Can I show it with affidavit of support from my parents ?

Thanks,
Rohit
Hi,

You can show the funds in the joint account + a Letter of Financial Support from your dad + 6 months' bank statement of your dad's account from where these funds were transferred.

Do note the more dependence you show on others.... without having strong financials + strong ties of your own..... the slimmer the chances of getting a TRV

Cheers

rsach

Star Member
Jul 17, 2016
Hi Bryanna,

I have around 3.0 lacs in my Current A/c maintained .. Plus a Joint A/c of me and my spouse name In which I have accumulated 5.30 lacs which has cheques transmitted from my dad's account !

Does it pose any risk , because we are writing in the SOP that , me and my wife(who is in Canada currently) both will share the expenses.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
rsach said:
Hi Bryanna,

I have around 3.0 lacs in my Current A/c maintained .. Plus a Joint A/c of me and my spouse name In which I have accumulated 5.30 lacs which has cheques transmitted from my dad's account !

Does it pose any risk , because we are writing in the SOP that , me and my wife(who is in Canada currently) both will share the expenses.
For a Current Account:
You cannot show the INR 300,000 as *available funds for your Canada visit* because this is company money + this bank balance could be funds for company expenses (material costs/employee salaries/office expenses/taxes, etc).

If you are the Sole Proprietor of your company (no legal business partners)..... then you can include the company bank balance.... but state what amount of this is allowed for you to spend (typically equal to your "salary").

For the joint account (to which your dad has transferred funds):
Do include the documents which I mentioned in my previous post.

Your wife's financial ability to share your visit expenses is irrelevant. You must prove you can afford your trip from your own money.

Do you have any other financial investments (can be liquidated, not-locked in): FDs, shares, PPF, etc?
Do you earn any rental or agricultural income?

rsach

Star Member
Jul 17, 2016
I am Sole properitor in one firm and a partner with my younger brother in another firm. No I dont have any of non liquid assets with me .

In terms of financial resources :

I was banking upon 2 things :

1. My Current A/c because that's what I also use for my generic expenses .

2. My Joint A/c having accumulated funds of around 6 lacs but most of it has been transferred by dad in regular intervals.

Any suggestions !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, your personal financial situation is not strong to support a TRV application currently.

You may want to consider applying for a TRV a few months later.... when your company earns more income (especially with year-end business if it works for your company).

Typically, Letters of Financial Support work for parents who are financially dependent on their spouses/children..... or for students (who are not employed).

When you apply, you must also include 2 years ITRs + evidence of purchase orders/work contracts (ongoing + new ones which are expected after you return from Canada)

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
has anyone applied on last week of October or first week of nov and heard from NDVO ?

manin

Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Expecting soon
VISA ISSUED...
Expecting soon
LANDED..........
Expecting soon
sujan143 said:
has anyone applied on last week of October or first week of nov and heard from NDVO ?
I have applied online on oct 30th and still waiting for the trv .Did you apply online or it was a paper application .

mohdmahir1

Nov 4, 2016
Windsor
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
manin said:
I have applied online on oct 30th and still waiting for the trv .Did you apply online or it was a paper application .
I applied nov 7 via online and so far in 1 week, my medical shows as passed but everything else either says not needed at this time or not started. What updates do you have?

LJPR

May 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 25, 2016
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
June 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 9, 2016
I applied TRV on Oct 18 and still not heard anything. My medical also shows as Passed, but everything else is Not Started :( .

jkjk11

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LJPR said:
I applied TRV on Oct 18 and still not heard anything. My medical also shows as Passed, but everything else is Not Started :( .

Hi,

As per my information, the medical exam is not required for TRV (unless a person has traveled to certain country). Could you please correct me if I am wrong.