Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hi All,

I read this thread from the month of August 2016 and found that average processing timings for online visitor visa is 2 weeks.

I applied on 3rd November 2016. I received two emails after submission of application. One for payment receipt and second for confirmation.

On 4th November, I received notification in registered email box that my application has been updated but I cannot identify any new changes. It is same as it was on 3rd November 2016.

At present, current status of my application is: 'Not Started'. It's been almost a week now but no update yet. I am going to travel in first week of December 2016. Wish me luck!!

What is status cycle here in this application - "Not started to Approved/Rejected" or "Not Started to Open to Processing to Approved/Rejected"

My current location is Gurgaon, India. Please guide me which embassy center is going to assess my case? Either New Delhi or Chandigarh or from somewhere else.

Guys, Please share your experiences and result who applied in month of October and in first week of November 2016.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ROHIT2587 said:
On 4th November, I received notification in registered email box that my application has been updated but I cannot identify any new changes. It is same as it was on 3rd November 2016.
This means that some internal processing has happened on your application

I am going to travel in first week of December 2016. Wish me luck!!
Have you bought confirmed tickets?

My current location is Gurgaon, India. Please guide me which embassy center is going to assess my case? Either New Delhi or Chandigarh or from somewhere else.
As you applied online, your TRV application could be processed anywhere in the world..... not necessarily by either the NDVO or CHD visa office.

What is status cycle here in this application - "Not started to Approved/Rejected" or "Not Started to Open to Processing to Approved/Rejected"
You will get a passport request prior to a final decision being made.... and later after visa stamping, the status update will change to "Approved and closed"

Hope you get your TRV soon

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hi Bryanna,

Your reply made my day!! Thank you so much for answering my queries.

I have not bought tickets yet but I have made temporary bookings for 15th December that will be no longer frozen after 15 days.

I wish to celebrate Christmas Day and New year with my brother and his family. Hope I will get positive results soon.

Warm Regards,
Rohit Tiwari

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hi Anand,

Any latest update on your application?

Warm regards,
Rohit

delhiwala

Nov 3, 2016
Hi all, my parents finally received their passports with 10 year multiple entry visas!!

Prior to this, they had 5 year multiple entry visas on two occasions.

Here's the timeline:

Applied for TRV in person at VFS New Delhi on - 18th October.
Application approved and passports available for pickup - 8th November

Overall, it took exactly 3 weeks.

marbusaa

Oct 27, 2016
ROHIT2587 said:
Hi Anand,

Any latest update on your application?

Warm regards,
Rohit
Hello Rohit,
Not yet my friend.. waiting for a status update. Fingers crossed. Let's wish each other good luck

Thx

saranbobby23

Oct 4, 2014
Hi,
I also applied online TRV on 23rd Oct same here few days back received one mail some update is there but when I tried to open its dosen't show anything. Here current processing time is 33 days. Lets c what happens

Peace16

Oct 31, 2016
Any September applicants here? I applied online on Sept 12th and still waiting for the decision. It's almost two months now (45 business days). Getting so worried

rameshkn

Nov 3, 2016
Hi Bryanna

I applied for visitor visa online on 25th Oct 2016. I got one message in 25th ( you have got new message in account), i think is for confirmation of the application. I got another message in 26th "your application has been updated" but no update in CIC. Today (11th November) also i got a message "your application has been updated" but there is no update in CIC.

Can you please let me know? whether this is normal or i am missing any information from the embassy.
Also i want to know is it possible to get VISA stamping in US if my application approved, i have applied online in India and currently in bangalore but i am travelling to US on 22nd November.

Please help me with your experience.

Regards
Ramesh

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Ramesh,

Today (11th November) also i got a message "your application has been updated" but there is no update in CIC.

Can you please let me know? whether this is normal or i am missing any information from the embassy.
This is normal. It means the visa office is processing/certain internal steps have taken place on your visa application.

Also i want to know is it possible to get VISA stamping in US if my application approved, i have applied online in India and currently in bangalore but i am travelling to US on 22nd November.
Yes, it is possible to get your TRV stamped when you are in the US.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-original-passport-for-stamping-in-different-country-t430426.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-get-stamping-in-usaapplied-visitor-visa-online-in-india-t458049.0.html

To answer the queries which you have posted in these threads:
You must contact the relevant US and Bangalore visa offices.... through emails.... after you get a passport request. You can find these email addresses on the CIC website.

You will get 30 days to mail your passport to the NY/LA visa office (whichever is nearest to where you are). You must have adequate time for visa stamping (10-12 days). You wouldn't want to be stuck in a situation where you have mailed your passport for stamping but you have to fly back to India

Cheers

LJPR

May 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 25, 2016
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
June 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 9, 2016
Hello,

I applied for my husband's visitor visa on Oct 18 and yesterday we got our application was updated as Medical Passed. Does anyone know how much longer it will take? We have our spousal sponsorship file in process, but it takes 18 months to process so I want my husband to come visit me during Christmas holidays.

Thanks,
LJPR

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
marbusaa said:
Hello Rohit,
Not yet my friend.. waiting for a status update. Fingers crossed. Let's wish each other good luck

Thx
Yupp bro, Good Luck :)

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

Myself and my 1 year old son will be doing our landing next month. However, I want my mother to travel along with me as she will take my son back to our home country once he gets his PR Card. I would like to get a job and settle in before I permanently move my son to Canada as it would be difficult for me to take care of him while juggling too many things at a time.

Now, Im in the process of applying TRV for my mum. What category should I select? Visit Family or Tourism or Other?

Would visit family be appropriate when she is travelling along with me? Also, the family member form clearly asks the no.of children my mum has and asks whether they accompany or not, so obviously cic is going to know that Im travelling with her. Also, Tourism would be inappropriate isnt it? Is it better to choose "other" in this scenario??

To prove that my mother would return after her visit, I will attach documents of property in her name, show family ties as my dad and 2 siblings ( 1 minor) are living in home country.

For financial stability, I will get a letter from my dad offering to sponsor her visit. Show his 6 months bank statements and as he runs his own business attach proofs for the same.

For POF, I will show $4000 CAD tranferred from my dads account to my moms account and submit her bank statements.

My mother has previously visited me whilst I was in UK and returned to Home Country if that information will be of any use.

Any suggestions or previous experience in this matter would be of great help.

Thanks in Advance!!!

rameshkn

Nov 3, 2016
Hi Bryanna

Thanks for your quick reply and sharing information.

I am travelling to Austin/Dallas during this trip, reaching US on 22nd November and planned to go to Canada on 5th December. Hopefully there is a Visa application center in Austin and i can get the stamping in US.

But first i need to get the passport request. Will update after getting the passport request. How many days it takes to get stamping in India, is canada visa stamping done in bangalore?

Regards
Ramesh

Bryanna said:
Hi Ramesh,
This is normal. It means the visa office is processing/certain internal steps have taken place on your visa application.

Yes, it is possible to get your TRV stamped when you are in the US.

To answer the queries which you have posted in these threads:
You must contact the relevant US and Bangalore visa offices.... through emails.... after you get a passport request. You can find these email addresses on the CIC website.

You will get 30 days to mail your passport to the NY/LA visa office (whichever is nearest to where you are). You must have adequate time for visa stamping (10-12 days). You wouldn't want to be stuck in a situation where you have mailed your passport for stamping but you have to fly back to India

Cheers

rsach

Star Member
Jul 17, 2016
What has been the success rate for TRV when the Pr file is under process , I have received my AOR2 and want to meet my wife ASAP.