+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
Sorry to hear that your parents were refused. Did you get a decision for your wife's application?

If you recall, I had advised you to immediately withdraw their CAN+ applications as you had not submitted several documents.... which is why they were refused:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applied-online-5th-auggot-passport-request-today-t449623.0.html;msg5442366#msg5442366

All 5 including 5 and one year daughter refused. I had sent the additional documents using CSE and email but not sure if they even checked thier emails

But wondering if documents were missing shouldn't officer still sign and tick the appropriate box for refusal reason??

What to do now? Do I reach Delhi embassy in consular hours??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sayadil

Personally, considering your timelines, I doubt the visa officer has seen the additional documents which you sent through the CSE/the CSE was forwarded to the visa officer.

No, contacting the High Commission in New Delhi will not help in any way. In fact, they will not even transfer your call to anyone who has access to your files.

Your best option is to reapply. Do go through my replies to your earlier post. If you need any advise/further help then I will help.

Also, you may want to consider applying for your family in two parts:
First apply for your parents..... after they are approved then apply for your wife and daughter. This way the family ties to Canada will not outweigh those to India

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
It went to ND Vo directly. They are very quick on name change. Less than 3 working days they send back.

pokeyoke_info said:
@Shmak2017 did your application go to Bangalore and then stamped from ND or did it directly go to ND?

In my case the application directly went to Bangalore. I had no choice to choose which office I'd like to file the application. I'm guessing ND office is quicker than Bangalore. I'm not sure what's wrong with Bangalore and why have they slowed down so much. I just hope it comes atleast a week before the travel date.

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
siri1906 said:
Got TRV approved today with 2years multiple entry
Applied on : 04 August 2016 paper application from Hyderabad vfs
Received message : on 15 Sep 2016 passport dispatched
Received passport : on 16 Sep 2016

It took exact 6 weeks for processing

Good. Luck. To. Every one. Whose waiting for passports
Congrats ! Did you have a previous travel history ? My parents applied on the same date , have not heard anything yet :(

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
One question: my wife already having trv and she is coming to Canada . Is it must to have return ticket to show at time of departure from India and at time of port of entry ? Plz advise

farazkapadia

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
siri1906 said:
Got TRV approved today with 2years multiple entry
Applied on : 04 August 2016 paper application from Hyderabad vfs
Received message : on 15 Sep 2016 passport dispatched
Received passport : on 16 Sep 2016

It took exact 6 weeks for processing

Good. Luck. To. Every one. Whose waiting for passports
Lucky you.. Was it for your wife or parents?

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ sayadil

Personally, considering your timelines, I doubt the visa officer has seen the additional documents which you sent through the CSE/the CSE was forwarded to the visa officer.

No, contacting the High Commission in New Delhi will not help in any way. In fact, they will not even transfer your call to anyone who has access to your files.

Your best option is to reapply. Do go through my replies to your earlier post. If you need any advise/further help then I will help.

Also, you may want to consider applying for your family in two parts:
First apply for your parents..... after they are approved then apply for your wife and daughter. This way the family ties to Canada will not outweigh those to India

Ok So i checked the refusal letter again. visa officer has ticked

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

under this he's not checked any reason whatsoever though it has lot of options under it like
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
travel history
immigration status in country of residence
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Purpose of visit
Employment prospects in country of residence
Current employment situation
Personal assets and financial status
Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada
any history of contravening the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.

Now my parents wife kid and brother want to visit me.... yet my youngest brother is here in india only. my family can't move to canada leaving my youngest brother here. we are a deeply rooted business family with good financial record. we have expensive properties here in india. moreover i've been a PR since 2005 and parents have only visited me once in 11yrs. isn't it common sense if they wanted to move here i had more than enough time to make a sponsorship application... my wife was refused a visa in 2013 and unemployment was given as a reason. now this refusal has no reason.

applying separately after a refusal is even more weird. when all have to travel together.

i was thinking of applying through VFS and hoping with added documents decision may change.

please advice.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@sayadil

I've just looked through your posting history. As you have been outside Canada for a considerably long time, to a visa officer this would seem like your family is *moving* with you to Canada.

Unless there's a family function (like a wedding) where many family members need to visit together, if you apply for your entire family at one go (except for your younger brother).... this means there will be more family in Canada than in India.... hence, higher chances of TRV refusals.

Also, as you have not applied for PR for your wife and daughter, the visa officer may think you intend to file inland apps for them.... which again affects their chances of getting TRVs.

You must contact the visa office (by email/CSEs) to request them to let you know the refusal reasons for each of them. Based on this, you can reapply

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
@ sayadil

I've just looked through your posting history. As you have been outside Canada for a considerably long time, to a visa officer this would seem like your family is *moving* with you to Canada.

Unless there's a family function (like a wedding) where many family members need to visit together, if you apply for your entire family at one go (except for your younger brother).... this means there will be more family in Canada than in India.... hence, higher chances of TRV refusals.

Also, as you have not applied for PR for your wife and daughter, the visa officer may think you intend to file inland apps for them.... which again affects their chances of getting TRVs.

You must contact the visa office (by email/CSEs) to request them to let you know the refusal reasons for each of them. Based on this, you can reapply

This is so complicated. Its hard to fight someones predisposed notions. Ive been married for three years. If wife wanted to move to Canada i would have filed for immigration long time ago. Canadian officials have to realise not everyone wants to move to Canada. My family wouldn't move to Canada even if i had to force them. The fact parents have a successful financial stable business for so many years... have properties compounded by the fact they haven't even visited Canada much but at same time have travelled all over the world including US... don't know why they would think we would illegally overstay a tourist visa when they dint do it in the past. why would they even have a family rate on applications if they fear families traveling together. I mean for sake of common sense don't families love to holiday together

my visa refusal letter only has one click on it that the visa officer is not convinced my family would return. knowing my parents have already visited and returned in the past... it has no additional tick marks on how he reached that decision apart from his biased outlook. Family paid 30 grands on the application least they could do was be fair and provide information what has gone wrong.

I did email the delhi embassy at the email provided by the phone agent. But i got an automatic reply that they do not provide any application status or information over the email now not sure what else to do?

btw if lets say my parents apply separately and get the visa and i apply for wife daughter and brother separately. won't they know parents already have the visa now wife n daughter n brother visiting may try to overstay and apply for immigration.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
One question:

My wife already having trv and she is coming to Canada . Is it must to have return ticket to show at time of departure from India and at time of port of entry ?

Plz advise

GOODBOY13

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Nov-2014
Doc's Request.
DNA Test Requested on MAY-2016 and DNA completed on 2nd week of August 2016.
AOR Received.
06-Mar-2015
File Transfer...
09-Mar-2015
Med's Request
Re Medical request on 11 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front done on 30-Oct-2014
Interview........
Interview waived.
Passport Req..
Waiting for PPR.
VISA ISSUED...
God Know
LANDED..........
God Know
I APPLIED MY IN-LAW PARENTS VISITOR VISA AT VFS JALANDHAR (PAPER APPLICATION) ON 31-AUG-2016,

SAME DAY APPLICATION SEND TO NDVO BY VFS JALANDHAR,

ON 06-SEP-2016 I LINK THESE APPLICATION TO GC KEY ACCOUNT.

TODAY 16-SEP-2016,I RECEIVED E-MAIL ABOUT UPDATED MY GC KEY ACCOUNT WITH NEW MESSAGE.

BUT SO SAD, IN THIS MESSAGE I GOT REFUSED LETTERS.

punjabikudi26

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Interview........
Dont know
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
I dont know
LANDED..........
hopefully end of this year
hello I am looking to aplly for my husband TRV please guide me what do need I mean how much money do I need to show and what do I have to stat in cover letter
thanks

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
How did you link visitor visa application to my CIC? Plz let me know
GOODBOY13 said:
I APPLIED MY IN-LAW PARENTS VISITOR VISA AT VFS JALANDHAR (PAPER APPLICATION) ON 31-AUG-2016,

SAME DAY APPLICATION SEND TO NDVO BY VFS JALANDHAR,

ON 06-SEP-2016 I LINK THESE APPLICATION TO GC KEY ACCOUNT.

TODAY 16-SEP-2016,I RECEIVED E-MAIL ABOUT UPDATED MY GC KEY ACCOUNT WITH NEW MESSAGE.

BUT SO SAD, IN THIS MESSAGE I GOT REFUSED LETTERS.

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
Mil got her passport finally ! Visa valid till 25/8/2023 . My parents are still waiting

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
And I can't for some reason link these applications to my online gc key ! Can someone help me