+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnybegood said:
Thank you for sharing all the info with me even though i feel the pain bro.....may your pr application get processed exceptionally faster....ty
Thanks same to you also.
I am thinking to reapply after a month. What you say?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
rashu268 said:
Thanks same to you also.
Find out more evidence to prove io that ur wife will return after the validity of visa and reapply any time no need to wait a month bro

MrAbheysharma

Jul 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am Abhey Sharma an individual not an agent but can help you with the process as I have been through the whole process. Especially Canada and US Tourist as well as study Visas. I recently applied my parents and sister's tourist visa for Canada and the processing time that was listed is what the actual time took to take a decision on the same. Below is the summary for the same.

Application was filled online through GCkey account.

Tourist Visas applied on - 14th June, 2016
Application submitted notification - 15th June, 2016
Passport Request Received for all the 3 applications. (Mom, Dad and sister) - 08th July, 2016 (Exactly 24 days as listed on the CIC website)
Passport Submitted to VFS Chandigarh - 11th July, 2016 (As the VFS office was closed on Weekends)
Passport Receiving date to be estimated - by 18th July LATEST

I haven't received the passport yet but keep in mind that once Canadian Consulate has request for your passport to be submitted in the nearest consulate it means you have been granted the Visa. Your TRV is also automatically considered for multiple entry visa but the only DIFFERENCE between Canadian and US multiple entry tourist visa is that Canada grants the visa until your passport's expiry date. However, US grants exact 10 years multiple entry visa which is beyond the passport expiry date and you travel with your visa stamp on the expired passport, provided it is obviously accompanied with the new valid passport.

Oh! I forgot to mention I received my 9 years multiple entry TRV in the month of October last year and expect my parents to receive multiple entry visas too along with my sister until their passport expires. We all have great tourist history prior to applying Canadian Visitor Visa.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
MrAbheysharma said:
Hi Everyone,

I am Abhey Sharma an individual not an agent but can help you with the process as I have been through the whole process. Especially Canada and US Tourist as well as study Visas. I recently applied my parents and sister's tourist visa for Canada and the processing time that was listed is what the actual time took to take a decision on the same. Below is the summary for the same.

Passport Request Received for all the 3 applications. (Mom, Dad and sister) - 08th July, 2016 (Exactly 24 days as listed on the CIC website)
Passport Submitted to VFS Chandigarh - 11th July, 2016 (As the VFS office was closed on Weekends)

I haven't received the passport yet but keep in mind that once Canadian Consulate has request for your passport to be submitted in the nearest consulate it means you have been granted the Visa. Your TRV is also automatically considered for multiple entry visa but the only DIFFERENCE between Canadian and US multiple entry tourist visa is that Canada grants the visa until your passports expiry date. However, US grants exact 10 years multiple entry visa which is beyond the passport expiry date and you travel with your visa stamp on the expired passport, provided it is obviously accompanied with the new valid passport.

Oh! I forgot to mention I received my 9 years multiple entry TRV in the month of October last year and expect my parents to receive multiple entry visas too along with my sister until their passport expires. We all have great tourist history prior to applying Canadian Visitor Visa.
Good for you...ty for sharing ur experience

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
rashu268 said:
Thanks same to you also.
Hi Rashu, sorry ya, .. I am also yet to apply, and scared also I apply because I don't have leave letter, and may be straight rejection, so still thinking what to do to convince these ppl , but I too can sense your pain, yeah applying one more time addressing the issue should be fine , hope for the best .

Johny bro! Relax, will hope for something good.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
suji21 said:
Hi Rashu, sorry ya, .. I am also yet to apply, and scared also I apply because I don't have leave letter, and may be straight rejection, so still thinking what to do to convince these ppl , but I too can sense your pain, yeah applying one more time addressing the issue should be fine , hope for the best .

Johny bro! Relax, will hope for something good.
Haha ok my bro...i dont think i get a good decision but yeah i will stay positive

PujaGhosh

Jun 29, 2016
Hi I applied for TRV on May 5th received medical request on 4th July. Did my medical on 7th July and on 11th July they informed me that all the reports they have already uploaded. Could you please let me know how long it would take to get passport after the medical examination?.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
PujaGhosh said:
Hi I applied for TRV on May 5th received medical request on 4th July. Did my medical on 7th July and on 11th July they informed me that all the reports they have already uploaded. Could you please let me know how long it would take to get passport after the medical examination?.
Medical exam doesn't gurantee you a trv but the processing time is 31 days now from the date u applied

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
MrAbheysharma said:
Hi Everyone,

I haven't received the passport yet but keep in mind that once Canadian Consulate has request for your passport to be submitted in the nearest consulate it means you have been granted the Visa. Your TRV is also automatically considered for multiple entry visa but the only DIFFERENCE between Canadian and US multiple entry tourist visa is that Canada grants the visa until your passport's expiry date. However, US grants exact 10 years multiple entry visa which is beyond the passport expiry date and you travel with your visa stamp on the expired passport, provided it is obviously accompanied with the new valid passport.

Thank you so much. That was informative!

My parents made an online application for the TRV on 10 June 2016, no news yet. :-(

Monika M

Jul 9, 2016
Hi there,

Someone please advise, for parents tourist visa application:
1. In Family Information form IMM5645, do we have to fill in details of deceased family members as well?
2. Only Names should be in NATIVE language (and English off course) not all the information?

Many thanks.

vsaraf

Jul 12, 2016
I received an email today (paper application linked to online account) saying there is an update on the application but nothing has changed. Is this common?

Raman4956

Apr 7, 2015
Vsaraf, when did you apply for your visitor visa appllcation. Update email means they are reviewing your application and will know the result by tomorrow.

vsaraf

Jul 12, 2016
Raman4956 said:
Vsaraf, when did you apply for your visitor visa appllcation. Update email means they are reviewing your application and will know the result by tomorrow.
I applied to the Hyderabad VFS office on 5th July. Received acknowledgement via SMS that it was submitted to the Bangalore office on 6th July. Linked it to the online account on 12th July. Are you sure I will know by tomorrow as its only been a week.

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
vsaraf said:
I applied to the Hyderabad VFS office on 5th July. Received acknowledgement via SMS that it was submitted to the Bangalore office on 6th July. Linked it to the online account on 12th July. Are you sure I will know by tomorrow as its only been a week.

May be the application status would have been changed from received to submitted. You may have to wait for another update mail, which would say you the result . May not be tomorrow.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
My wife trv refused today ....case was processed in bangalore vo ty...