+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi fari22,

Finally :) :)

It's best if you speak with VFS London and hand in your passport personally and opt to pick it up yourself. Visa stamping would take 1-2 days

Cheers

srikantha6

May 8, 2015
I submitted my TRV paper application on November 14th and linked that to mycic account on 25th November to receive updates. Now in mycic account, it's showing that the application was submitted on November 25th. Will it affect my application processing time ?

Did anybody got passport recently from New Delhi office ? If yes, please provide the details ? Thanks.

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi fari22,

Finally :) :)

It's best if you speak with VFS London and hand in your passport personally and opt to pick it up yourself. Visa stamping would take 1-2 days

Cheers
Hi Bryanna,

yes finally got the request. Hoping I will get the visa as well.

one question, Can someone else pick up my passport on my behalf from VAC ?

thanks

minhanhtrinh

Nov 26, 2016
Hi everyone!
So im Vietnamese but I couldnt find any forum like this in Vietnam so I decided to post here... cuz i am realllyyyy confused now and i realllyyyy do need your help. please help meeee....
So this is my case:
I studied 2 years in Montreal as an international student. But due to my family emergency, I had to go home and couldn't be able to extend my visa before returning to Vietnam. My visa is already expired so my sister ( who is living in Montreal ) helped me to apply online for a new visa. I returned to Vietnam in July 10 but before that, I already applied for a study permit extension ( Cuz I am still in high school so i have to renew study permit every single year ) and I got it in September ( when I was already in Vietnam so my sister in Montreal are keeping it). My sister applied visa online for me in October 22, and I went to get my biometric information 2 days after ( if im not wrong ).
SO BASICALLY I applied visa on OCTOBER 22 while having STUDY PERMIT already but until now i havent got any email neither updating status nor any information yet. It just states " OPEN " and that's it... it's more than a month now so im so confused. Plus, i wil frequent school in Febuary 2 so im nervous....
PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!!! THANKYOU SO MUCHHH!!!

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
Hello everyone .. can someone please help me in this situation
My sister is applying for a visitor visa to Canada. Her case is a bit different. Her husband had a work
Permit for three years but he only stayed one year and went back to India. His work permit expired on November 16. They are now applying for visitor visa to visit me on Christmas. My sister got a refusal to her usa visa a few months ago.
My question is whether or not she should declare in her application that she got refused by USA ? Will it impact her application for visitor permit ?
Will her husband's work permit impact the application negatively or positively?
Please help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fari22 said:
Hi Bryanna,

yes finally got the request. Hoping I will get the visa as well.

one question, Can someone else pick up my passport on my behalf from VAC ?

thanks
Yes, you can authorize someone else to collect your passport on your behalf. S/he must carry along an authorization letter from you + the VFS/VAC payment receipt + an ID proof

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hi Bryanna,

I am not getting any update from IRCC :(

Below is the status from 4th November till now.

Application/profile status - Open

Review of medical results - Not needed at this time

Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time

Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time

Review of biometric information - Not needed at this time

Final decision - Not Started

I think CIC is going to spoil my Christmas :'(

Should I go for GCMS notes this time or should send query to Delhi office?

please suggest?

Warm regards,
Rohit

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

Unfortunately, there's really nothing you can do at this stage. You will just have to wait patiently for a decision.

IRCC will not respond to any Case Specific Enquiry as the processing time has not exceeded the 27 days current estimate. GCMS notes are unnecessary in your case (currently). Also GCMS notes would take 4-5 weeks to obtain

Cheers

fari22

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Bryanna said:
Yes, you can authorize someone else to collect your passport on your behalf. S/he must carry along an authorization letter from you + the VFS/VAC payment receipt + an ID proof
Thanks for the reply and how I can authorise any person as do i need to fill any special form or just write on simple paper ??

Thanks for the help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fari22 said:
Thanks for the reply and how I can authorise any person as do i need to fill any special form or just write on simple paper ??

Thanks for the help
You must provide an authorization letter signed by yourself on plain paper + original receipt issued by VFS/VAC when you submit your passport + photo ID proofs

gaganbal

Jan 8, 2016
helo BRYANNA, i want to visit my new born niece at Edmonton Alberta.
here is my situation
1. I am a student currently in pre-final year of b-tech at govt. university in India.
2. i have visited Dubai 3 months back.
3. i have two elder brothers in Canada (one on study and other on PGWP)
4. my mother is recently approved TRV but she has not visited there yet.
5. my father is govt. employee here in India.

i just want to accompany my mother to meet new member of my family.i will be able to produce my 2 year transcripts from university. and any letter stating that i am student of this uni and my course will be completed in 2018 .

should i take the risk to apply for visitor TRV or not?

marbusaa

Oct 27, 2016
ROHIT2587 said:
Hi Bryanna,

I am not getting any update from IRCC :(

Below is the status from 4th November till now.

Application/profile status - Open

Review of medical results - Not needed at this time

Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time

Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time

Review of biometric information - Not needed at this time

Final decision - Not Started

I think CIC is going to spoil my Christmas :'(

Should I go for GCMS notes this time or should send query to Delhi office?

please suggest?

Warm regards,
Rohit

Rohit,
It seems we both are on the same boat and a few others too who have been frustrated with the way things have shaped up in their TRV process. Unfortunately, the only way is to wait till some decision comes out. This is indeed frustrating as I have incurred loss by canceling the tickets as the no of days they claimed to process a TRV has gone past. Have posted my grievance/query as well. I am sure no heed for that too.

Cheers,
Anand

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hi Bryanna,

I got my result today. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the visa and received refusal letter ???

Please review it and update what should I do as next step.

Dear ROHIT TIWARI,

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application.

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to:

1. the information in the travel and identity documents;
2. the reason for the travel to Canada;
3. the person's contacts in Canada;
4. the person's ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties);
5. the person's ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in canada;
6. whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of this or her admission to canada;
7. whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
8. whether the person would be likely to leave canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirement. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Please note that only the ground that are checked off apply to the refusal of your application.

"Given your economic establishment, employment prospects, travel history and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would leave canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident."

Regards,
Rohit Tiwari

rameshkn

Nov 3, 2016
Hi

Any one applied on October/November and still waiting or got the passport request?

I applied on Oct 25th and still waiting for an update from Embassy. Please let me know.

Regards
Ramesh

srikantha6

May 8, 2015
I applied on November 14th for TRV and waiting...

At what time the status may change (under submitted application/profile) for paper application linked to mycic account ?