+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa (TRV) Processing time 2016 India

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
disha_kaur said:
i had applied for trv on 6th of july at chd VFS, I haven't received any response yet. Any idea paper application are getting processed in how many days?
Hi Disha,

Try to contact VFS, they can give you the answer, or better try to link your paper application online. Here are links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Regards,
Paul

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
spand806 said:
Hello,,

I have applied for my wife TRV from india, we got married this April. I am waiting for her result from VFS. Just have few question.She is not a PR neither i have applied her file. Her file is in Bangalore from 20 days now . I know there are too many rejections in Spousal TRV when husband is PR. We provided following documents.

Our Job letters.
her 6 month bank statement. with total value of 25 Lakhs including my father assessment with all FD and investments
She is a govt employee in Bank as a Manager but we didnt provide NOC. Her employment letter says she is working in govt bank.
I have two jobs so my Total income monthly is $5000 was shown.
with my account information of total 10,000 saving
Reason we gave to cic is that she wants to come over to celebrate my birthday which is on Aug 28 as well as we did not get enough time to spend after marriage as i had to rush to canada for work.

The only thing i m worried about is travel history of my wife. She only traveled to Maldives after marriage for 5 days.

Can someone suggest me what are my chances.

Can somebody put any highlight, anyone else applied like my file here.
Hi spand806,

First congratulations for your wedding.

Secondly, we can't predict, what's going on in the mind of visa officer while he/she is making a decision on any application. If your applications look genuine to him/her they will grant a visa. So, don't worry, just hope for the best.

Regards,
Paul

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
karmic said:
Usually VFS gets back the passport the next day unless there is some problem with the passport.
Rejection after passport request is very rare. Why would they request the passport if want to reject you unless there is some big problem unraveled by them regarding the person's admissibility to Canada. They don't request for passports when your application is not approved.
Thank you for the reply. :)

I think, my parent's have probably applied at a time when the visa offices in India are inundated with applications. Firstly, their passport request took almost 55 days and now it has been over 3 days since CIC has received the passport.

I have lot of patience, just that it gets me concerned. :)

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paul09 said:
Yes they are, to make it clearer here are the documents that were requested to upload.

Proof of medical exam (required)
---This document was not asked for TRV ... just to be clear iam not applying for super visa may be medical is part of super visa documentation please confirm.
Proof of Relationship (required)
i have these document: marriage certificate, passport and birth certificates
Family Information (IMM5645) (required)
-- filled and ready to be uploaded
Use of Representative (IMM5476) (required)
-- done
Inviter's Employment Letter (required)
--- this is ready to be uploaded
Medical Insurance Coverage (required)
---i know this is required for supervisa but proactively iam getting this insurance for the period of stay for my in laws
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
--- this document is it difference from use of representative and is it required for trv stay less than 6 months please confirm?
Marriage License/Certificate (required)
Passport (required)
Purpose of Travel - Other (required)
--- the documents i have is doctors letter with expected due date, reports supporting the same and travel itinerary
Notice of Assessment (required)
Invitation Letter (required)
T4 or T1 (required)
---since notice of assessment is being uploaded is it still required?
Digital photo (required)
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257) (required)
For Invitation Letter and Purpose of Travel - Other, I have uploaded the same one pdf document comprising all:

1. An Invitation letter in the form of declaration notarized here in Toronto
---iam getting the invitation letter notarized
2. Another letter to explain why I want to invite my parents.
---- i have a cover letter which explains the same
3. Copy of PR card
4. Bank statements from last 6 months showing my salary deposits and savings.
--- this is ready to be uploaded for personal and business accounts
5. Notice of Assesment
--- one document missed out is letter from CA about the total revenue from the business account.

I hope it makes more sense. Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Paul
Hey paul Thanks Alot for the time you have put into this i really appreciate the support you have been providing.
My reply in line with the points or documents mentioned.

pharmacistgju

Apr 20, 2008
Hi,

I had applied visitor visa for my parents on 26th July and today I got an email that there is an update but when I logged in I couldn't find anything new there. What does that mean?

Thanks,
Sumit

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
capr13 said:
Hey paul Thanks Alot for the time you have put into this i really appreciate the support you have been providing.
My reply in line with the points or documents mentioned.
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713) (required)
--- this document is it difference from use of representative and is it required for trv stay less than 6 months please confirm?

It is required, for all online applications to include multiple applications in one online account. eg. my father is family member representative for my mother application.

T4 or T1 (required)

They have provided the space for it, therefore I provided this also.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paul09 said:

It is required, for all online applications to include multiple applications in one online account. eg. my father is family member representative for my mother application.

T4 or T1 (required)

They have provided the space for it, therefore I provided this also.
Hello Paul i dont see a section for T4 or T1...
There is a section for the Use of Representative but not the family representative section.

Have you applied for Super Visa or TRV for stay less than or equal to 6 months?
thanks in advance

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
capr13 said:
Hello Paul i dont see a section for T4 or T1...
There is a section for the Use of Representative but not the family representative section.

Have you applied for Super Visa or TRV for stay less than or equal to 6 months?
thanks in advance
If t4 or t1 is not there just add them to your invitation letter.

If a family representative section is not there, then just use the Use of Representative form. Usually, family representative form is used if you are applying multiple application in one online account.

Yes, I have applied for SuperVisa online.

Regards,
Paul

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paul09 said:
If t4 or t1 is not there just add them to your invitation letter.

If a family representative section is not there, then just use the Use of Representative form. Usually, family representative form is used if you are applying multiple application in one online account.

Yes, I have applied for SuperVisa online.

Regards,
Paul
Sounds good will do as suggested.. thanks again

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Today I received this email from donotreply@cic.gc.ca
There have been no updates to your application (******) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: ****@gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

Is anyone else getting email like this. What does it even mean?
P.S. Applied for visitor visa online on 13 Jul for my parents.

-BL-

Jul 25, 2016
jayeshaminnew said:
Today I received this email from donotreply@cic.gc.ca
There have been no updates to your application (******) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: ****@gmail.com. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

Is anyone else getting email like this. What does it even mean?
P.S. Applied for visitor visa online on 13 Jul for my parents.
When one logs in the CIC profile, there is a profile option called "I would like to receive monthly updates about my application". This option is checked by default, due to which users get a monthly update about their application, even though there has been no change in the status. This is by design, not an error.

sonie055

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not requested
AOR Received.
AOR 1-01-June-2016, AOR 2 -29 -June-2016
File Transfer...
28-June-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
24-04-2016(Upfront)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
22-Jan-2017
disha_kaur said:
i had applied for trv on 6th of july at chd VFS, I haven't received any response yet. Any idea paper application are getting processed in how many days?
Hey any reply for your application yet??

Thanks

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
-BL- said:
When one logs in the CIC profile, there is a profile option called "I would like to receive monthly updates about my application". This option is checked by default, due to which users get a monthly update about their application, even though there has been no change in the status. This is by design, not an error.
Yes that explains what it was. Thanks!!

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Does anyone have a clue why is it taking CIC ages to process visitor visa applications from India?
I am a PR in Canada, and I applied online for a visitor's visa for my sister on July 5th, and for my parents on July 14th. I applied through an ICCRC agent.
There's no news about either application so far.
Could it be due to the rush of study permit applications, since the fall session begins next month?