+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors visa, online application, visa stamped on passport

manuelorte

Nov 2, 2016
Hello everyone I want to submit my application online, the only question I have is how I get my visa stamped in my passport? Is there any Step where they tell me to submit my passport or do I get the stamp in any other place?

Thank you in advance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If your application is approved online, you will get a letter in your MyCIC account to submit your passport.

It will contain this link for you to follow the submission instructions for your country, but you can look at it now:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit

manuelorte

Nov 2, 2016
bellaluna said:
If your application is approved online, you will get a letter in your MyCIC account to submit your passport.

It will contain this link for you to follow the submission instructions for your country, but you can look at it now:
wow bellaluna, thank you so much, effective and quick reply.

But if I have to submit my passport after the process of approval, does it mean that it takes more time that submitting it in paper since the beginning? and I read that they ask for my address to send back the passport but is it possible to go and pick it up at the same place or any place they tell me to?

thank you again.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
manuelorte said:
wow bellaluna, thank you so much, effective and quick reply.

But if I have to submit my passport after the process of approval, does it mean that it takes more time that submitting it in paper since the beginning?
Not really, if you can submit your passport as soon as you receive the request letter. So it depends on how promptly you act, in this case.

and I read that they ask for my address to send back the passport but is it possible to go and pick it up at the same place or any place they tell me to?

thank you again.
More often than not, it is possible to do in-person submissions and pick-ups. (The only place where I know this can't be done is in the United States, where only courier submissions and receipts are accepted.) You haven't indicated your country, so it is up to you to do your own research by following the VAC/VFS website for your country in the link I gave previously, and see if they allow pick-ups there.

manuelorte

Nov 2, 2016
bellaluna said:
Not really, if you can submit your passport as soon as you receive the request letter. So it depends on how promptly you act, in this case.

More often than not, it is possible to do in-person submissions and pick-ups. (The only place where I know this can't be done is in the United States, where only courier submissions and receipts are accepted.) You haven't indicated your country, so it is up to you to do your own research by following the VAC/VFS website for your country in the link I gave previously, and see if they allow pick-ups there.
Thanks again Bellaluna

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
horlytee said:
Is visitors visa same as tourist visa?
Yes.. All obligations remains same. If you know some one and then they provide letter of invitation then you can think it as visitor visa and if you are travelling for sightseeing then think it as tourist visa. The visa category is same but you will get multiple entry in visitor visa and once on tourist visa (I guess. But I might be wrong)

Regards,
Sharma

ayahmansour

Dec 5, 2016
Hi,
AI applied for online applications and gave my biometrics in the visa office in Tel-Aviv. In the applications I answered that I will submit my passport in Telaviv also. But I think I will be in New York when I submit my passport.
The question is, can I have the visa stamped in the Canadian visa office in New York?