+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's Visa Guidance

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
Hi,

I am regular follower of this forum and keeps on updating my knowledge by reading all the case studies.

Now i need help on my case.

I am working with reputed software firm. In 2012 i had visited Vancouver along with my spouse to visit my sister who is canadian citizen. That time i left my job and thought of perusing further studies in canada so while inside canada i had applied to LA for study permit which was rejected due to reasons. 1) employment status (since i was unemployed that time ) 2 ) course mis match 3) while applying visitors visa study plan was not declared

So i came back to my home country. I had stay visa for 6 months but i came back in 2 months only since i don't wanted to waste my time. I had 2 yrs visitors visa so before expiry i had visited my sister for 2 weeks so i have travelled twice to canada one with family in 2012 and and alone in 2013 beginning.

I am also holding 10 years USA visa and traveled in 2014 for 2 weeks with my spouse.

In 2011 i have traveled to UK as well along with my wife for a vacation. (Before visiting canada)

Now i am working and settle in my home country and planning to visit my sister for 2 weeks.

I was blessed with daughter in 2014 so she is about 1 and half yr old now.

Now the question which is bothering me.

Is it ok to apply for visitors visa along with my spouse and daughter or shall i apply alone ?

Pls guide as i have planned leaves for 3 weeks in September so that is the only time i can visit my sister.

I am worried only for the stupid mistake i did in 2012 by applying for study permit while inside canada on visitors visa and immigration officer had mentioned the reason that while applying for visitors visa in 2012 i didn't declare the study permit plan.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Is it ok to apply for visitors visa along with my spouse and daughter or shall i apply alone ?
It would depend on the strong ties which you and your wife can demonstrate (individually): employment/business, property ownership or lease agreement, family ties in your home country, financial situation, previous travel history, etc

You must mention your previous visa refusal

Cheers

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
Thank you for your guidance.

My father holds visitors visa and currently he is in canada. Since he is 65 yrs old my motive is to meet my sister and accompany my father on return journey shall i show his return tickets will that help on purpose of visit.
I can get leave letter from my company which is reputed MNC, i own a house so i can show that papers and currently staying on lease near to my work place which is valid till dec 2017.

I am planning to go alone so i can show my spouse and daughter's proof as strong family ties as well.

Is this looking better as i want to apply with postive mind and with all the requirements.

Awaiting your guidance :))

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
shall i show his return tickets will that help on purpose of visit.
Only if your dad's return tickets show a date of 2-3 weeks after your intended date of entering Canada

Apart from this, you must draw up a day-by-day itinerary like a tourist + visiting family/friends with expense estimates..... do not state that your only objective is to take your dad back to your home country.

I can get leave letter from my company which is reputed MNC,
Employment letter + leave approval letter stating you will have your job when you return + 6 months salary slips + 2 years ITRs + a must-return-by XX date (training/project completion/appraisal, etc) with proofs

i own a house so i can show that papers
If you have leased this house then the lease agreement + 2-3 months receipts + 2-3 months payments.... apart from the proofs for the lease for your current home.

I am planning to go alone so i can show my spouse and daughter's proof as strong family ties as well.
You can include your daughter's birth certificate + marriage certificate + copy of your wife's passport + any evidence to show you live at the same address

mattt

Jun 28, 2016
Hi there,
I applied for my wife and I for the TRV. We did the biometrics at the same time. in my status, under the review of the biometric information section, is written: Not needed at this time but for my wife, under the same section s written: we have received your biometrics. Now i'm wondering if my biometric has been transferred and has been received? and if so, why it is different for my wife and i? I am the main applicant.
i asked the VAC to make sure if they have transfered my biometrics, but they said you should ask it from the CIC. AS far as i know, it's the vac that should transfer the biometrics and not the cic.

we're heading to our own country in a few days, so that's quite urgent to know the answer. So guys, pls guide me if you had the same experience.

THANKS

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
mattt said:
Hi there,
I applied for my wife and I for the TRV. We did the biometrics at the same time. in my status, under the review of the biometric information section, is written: Not needed at this time but for my wife, under the same section s written: we have received your biometrics. Now i'm wondering if my biometric has been transferred and has been received? and if so, why it is different for my wife and i? I am the main applicant.
i asked the VAC to make sure if they have transfered my biometrics, but they said you should ask it from the CIC. AS far as i know, it's the vac that should transfer the biometrics and not the cic.

we're heading to our own country in a few days, so that's quite urgent to know the answer. So guys, pls guide me if you had the same experience.

THANKS
Both status indicate that you have satisfied the requirements of submitting the biometrics. Don't worry about it.

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
Dear Brayana,

I really appreciate your helpful guidance as it has clear all my doubts.

I wish all the members healthy and happy life.

Thank you from bottom of my heart !!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yocar said:
Dear Brayana,

I really appreciate your helpful guidance as it has clear all my doubts.

I wish all the members healthy and happy life.

Thank you from bottom of my heart !!!
Thanks so much for your kind words.

I hope you get a long-validity TRV..... I also wish you and your family every success and happiness in all your endeavors

Ajit1975

Star Member
May 15, 2016
No thanks, u guys really deserve this. Helping without of charge. This is humanity.
God bless us all to be like u. Thanks

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
Hi,

I am applying for TRV, without a Leave letter. I have employment proof letter. Will it cause a rejection, All my leaves are exhausted and project requirement will not allow me to take official leave. Please guide me.

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
I guess leave letter gives strength to ur case and purpose of stay as being on holidays for so and so days. ..i wl suggest to apply when u hv sufficient leaves on letter

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
Yocar said:
I guess leave letter gives strength to ur case and purpose of stay as being on holidays for so and so days. ..i wl suggest to apply when u hv sufficient leaves on letter
Thanks Yocar, for the suggestion , trying my best to get the leaves, but very least chance of getting it approved. Thinking of alternate solution , what if , I can explain my situation I being held up in project .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

suji21 said:
Thanks Yocar, for the suggestion , trying my best to get the leaves, but very least chance of getting it approved. Thinking of alternate solution , what if , I can explain my situation I being held up in project .
How long do you plan to visit?

By including a leave approval letter, you can convince the visa officer that you have a job to return to.

Alternatively, if it is necessary for you to visit Canada when you don't have leave..... then opt out of your current project + move to another project/training program where work deadlines are not so critical + include a letter from your manager/HR stating that it is unpaid, approved leave from XX to XX date

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
Hi Brayana,

I have decided to apply for visitors visa for myself only for abt 2 weeks to see my sister and family.

I have about 15000$ CAD balance in my acc. I will submit my approved leave letter along with 6 months salary slip last 2 years Income tax returns, 6 months bank statement and letter from bank confirming my balances , property agreement copy. My wife's passport copy ,my daughter's passport copy and her birth certificate. My marriage certificat.

Do i need to mention my father is in canada currently?

Also i will mention my study permit file no which was rejected earlier.

Is that sufficient? Pls guide

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You can include:
1. Documents for the lease agreement (including any forfeiture clause) for the house where you're living presently + valuation for your own property (either by a CA or self-valuation.... with proofs of indicative market rates for the area where your property is located).

2. The money in your account must match your income..... nothing borrowed.

3. Financial investments (FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, EPF, PPF, etc.... and mention which are locked-in or can be liquidated, if required).

4. A day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, family visits, etc with expense estimates

5. Any other reason to return by a specific date with evidence

6. An explanation 'My Travel History'.... in a tabular format giving visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of visit + scan the visas

Do i need to mention my father is in canada currently?
Not necessary

You can check if you are eligible to apply under the CAN+ program

Cheers