+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's Visa Guidance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
TRV applicants from certain countries are eligible to apply under the CAN+ program.... if they have traveled to Canada in the last 10 years or have a valid US visa.

Normally, CAN+ means faster processing of the TRV application

suji21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2016
LANDED..........
05-12-2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,
How long do you plan to visit?

By including a leave approval letter, you can convince the visa officer that you have a job to return to.

Alternatively, if it is necessary for you to visit Canada when you don't have leave..... then opt out of your current project + move to another project/training program where work deadlines are not so critical + include a letter from your manager/HR stating that it is unpaid, approved leave from XX to XX date
Thanks Bryanna, for the reply. Yes, planning for two weeks. As I cant take more leaves than that. Opting out of the current Project is difficult, since I am the lone person to work in project from the scratch.

So I have planned to explain this situation. I do not see any other option :( .

But I really want to appreciate your response. Have a good day.

Yocar

Jun 28, 2016
Hi, Bryanna

Greetings of the season !

Thank you for your guidance. I got my Canada visitor's Visa but since it came too late I had already planned for holidays in singapore with my family so I didnt go to canada. Now I wanted to apply for my wife and Daughter's visitor's Visa since they are planning to vsit in feb 2017 during toronto family day events so i am planning to apply their visa next month as it takes abt 2 month's for Visa.

My wife is Housewife and my daughter is 19months Old my sister in canada also blessed with baby Boy last year and now he is 16 month's.old. I am going to submit invitation Letter from my sister for my wife and daughter I have Fixed deposits with my wife in joint name for about 8000 cad and 5000 cad Balance in my saving Acc i will submit my income tax return documents and Salary slips along with covering Letter confirming all travelling and other expenses will be born by me.

My daughter had travelled to Singapore last month with ud and also holds Valid 5 years USA visitor visa.
My wife travelled to canada with me previously and Usa as well she also holds Valid 10 years USA visitor visa.

I have a doubt that since I got visa but I have not travelled and now my wife is planning to visit with my 19 month's daughter Alone will that be a problem? Also she is House wife will that be a negative point??? Pls guide as always.

Thank you in advance and God bless you !!!

ak2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
My mom and dad applied for visitor visa. Two applications but under one account. One is the main applicant and the other as spouse (dependent).
Now the main applicant has got the passport request letter but the depedent hasnt received the letter yet!
should they send both passports with that one letter for the main applicant or they need to wait for the passport request letter for the dependent?

Jaydeepsinh

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hoping some guidance and advise on the situation below:

Background:

Sponsor: I am Permanent Resident as of Oct 2016 and meet the LICO requirement outlined by CIC.
Father: Retired government employee – retired in 2013.
Mother: House wife
Sister: Government School Teacher

I am planning to invite my parents and my elder sister to visit Canada in May 2017. My confusion/questions are as follow:

1. Whether I invite my parents under Super Visa or Standard Visitor visa?
• Intent of Stay
o Parents: 4 month only (maximum)
o Sister: 1 month only – due to government job
2. How much money do my parents needs to show in bank balance?
• Parents:
o Property: Does not have property under their name instead property under grandfather’s name. Question: Can they use the property evaluation which is under my grandfather’s name?
o Bank Balance: Can show up to 8 lacks (INR) in each account so total of 16 lacks (INR). Will this suffice the requirement for strong tie?
• Sister:
o Bank Balance: She will show 6 lacks in her back balance along with her government job paperwork. Will this suffice the requirement for strong tie?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Prabhagam

Dec 7, 2016
While Finding out if you're eligible to apply, question appears:-

"In the last 10 years, have you legally travelled to Canada? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time."

What does this "family member you may be travelling with at this time" means? I will be accompanying my wife when she visits Canada, but Is this question asking only about her or about her family member like me(husband).
I have visitor visa and visit canada last year.

Donaldforest

Nov 7, 2016
Document for visitors visa

Will a sole invitation letter be successful to apply for a visitors visa , I don't have any other attaching document

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Donaldforest said:
Will a sole invitation letter be successful to apply for a visitors visa , I don't have any other attaching document
Your question isn't clear: Would/wouldn't you be submitting any other documents (for example, evidence to prove your ties to your home country.... or do you have other documents from your Canadian host?)

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Hello Friends,

I have doubt , having different in allies name of my mother passport .
Name on passport is Neetabahen .
while all other documents has Neetaben .
Should I change name in passport from Bahen to Ben , befor applying TRV .

Please help . I am expecting my first child and want my mother with us.

thanks in advance.