+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa got denied due to travel history.

Jul 17, 2018
Hi there! My friend from Philippines applied for a visitor visa but got denied due travel history and Purpose of travel. She had travelled a lot mostly Asian countries like Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, etc. And yet one of the reasob why she got denied was because of travel history. And I've read sone threads here before that the reason why they got denied was because they don't have any travel history. Can someone explain to me what is really the basis when you say travel history? Thanks in advance.

Henry d

Jul 15, 2018
My brother ‘s visa got denied for same Reason but he applied again with same purpose of travel and sane papers. He never traveled before. But he got visa for 10 years after he applied again.
I think travel history is pretty common reason for everyone.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi there! My friend from Philippines applied for a visitor visa but got denied due travel history and Purpose of travel. She had travelled a lot mostly Asian countries like Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, etc. And yet one of the reasob why she got denied was because of travel history. And I've read sone threads here before that the reason why they got denied was because they don't have any travel history. Can someone explain to me what is really the basis when you say travel history? Thanks in advance.
Those countries don’t require any visas for Philippine passport holders...okay, Japan does, but they’re pretty lax.

Canada is particularly looking for travel history outside of Asia for Philippine passport holders: developed areas like the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Schengen/Europe. They are also hotbeds for OFWs and I daresay, illegal immigrants. If the applicant has shown short travels for tourism to those areas, that is one factor in proving ties to one’s home country.

As earlier stated, travel history is a pretty generic reason for refusal. It’s possible to be granted a TRV without a travel history (eg I have a relative who has), but the applicant must prove strong ties through other factors

Jul 17, 2018
Since she got denied for a visa, will that affect her if she applies visa/visas to other countries outside Asia like New Zealand or the United States?

Jul 17, 2018
Those countries don’t require any visas for Philippine passport holders...okay, Japan does, but they’re pretty lax.

Canada is particularly looking for travel history outside of Asia for Philippine passport holders: developed areas like the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Schengen/Europe. They are also hotbeds for OFWs and I daresay, illegal immigrants. If the applicant has shown short travels for tourism to those areas, that is one factor in proving ties to one’s home country.

As earlier stated, travel history is a pretty generic reason for refusal. It’s possible to be granted a TRV without a travel history (eg I have a relative who has), but the applicant must prove strong ties through other factors
She stated that she will only be staying here for 2 weeks. Do you think that's too long for a visit?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
She stated that she will only be staying here for 2 weeks. Do you think that's too long for a visit?
2 weeks is typical, but the refusal means the officer was not convinced that she showed strong enough ties.

Since she got denied for a visa, will that affect her if she applies visa/visas to other countries outside Asia like New Zealand or the United States?
It depends on the context. After the one refusal, not really, most of the time. But if she keeps on applying and keeps getting refused, then that will factor in.
She must declare this refusal in other countries’ visa applications when asked.

Jul 17, 2018
2 weeks is typical, but the refusal means the officer was not convinced that she showed strong enough ties.

It depends on the context. After the one refusal, not really, most of the time. But if she keeps on applying and keeps getting refused, then that will factor in.
She must declare this refusal in other countries’ visa applications when asked.
Thank you very much for your help. :)

Waldounited

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
My brother ‘s visa got denied for same Reason but he applied again with same purpose of travel and sane papers. He never traveled before. But he got visa for 10 years after he applied again.
i hope get it this time too, my refusal last year was because of travel history, my passport was issued jun 16th 2017 and my application was on july 12th 2017, so what travel history they were asking for ?? also they focused more on my financial status and not sufficient funds. this time im aplplying again, with no travel history but with big proofs of strong ties to my home country also proof that i can pay my vacations this year,

Waldounited

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
La
oh ok did u re apply? curious to know what they say this time
last year the reason was
-travel history.
-assets and financial status.
-not suficiente funds.

This year is
-travel history (generic answer)
-assets and financial status (again, I have my own house, car, stable and well payed job since 4 years)
-family ties in Canada and my country of residence. (I should had this reason last year why this year I have that reason)

Waldounited

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Did your brother reapply the same year ?