+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors visa for under age niece

Manny1989

Dec 19, 2022
Hi, I am planning to apply for visitors visa for my niece who is 11years old and lives with her mum and dad and two other siblings in Ghana.
I have a strong bond with her and I would love for her to spend time with me summer next year. I am a PR and my wife is a citizen, we live with my mother inlaw and we have no kids.

1. When applying, should I make the application like I am applying on behalf of my niece since she is under age or make the application like she is applying herself.
2. I am sponsoring her entire trip and I have enough savings and enough documents to prove I can support her trip, does her dad/parents have to prove any bank statements?
3. What are her chances of getting the visa since she is under age?
4. I have lots of pictures with her from when she was a baby till I left Ghana, since she is my cousin's daughter are the pictures enough to prove my relationship with her?
4. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start the application?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi, I am planning to apply for visitors visa for my niece who is 11years old and lives with her mum and dad and two other siblings in Ghana.
I have a strong bond with her and I would love for her to spend time with me summer next year. I am a PR and my wife is a citizen, we live with my mother inlaw and we have no kids.

1. When applying, should I make the application like I am applying on behalf of my niece since she is under age or make the application like she is applying herself.
2. I am sponsoring her entire trip and I have enough savings and enough documents to prove I can support her trip, does her dad/parents have to prove any bank statements?
3. What are her chances of getting the visa since she is under age?
4. I have lots of pictures with her from when she was a baby till I left Ghana, since she is my cousin's daughter are the pictures enough to prove my relationship with her?
4. Is there anything I should be aware of before I start the application?

1. When applying for a visitor visa for your niece, you should make the application as if you are applying on her behalf. As a minor, she is not able to make the application herself.
  2. As the sponsor for your niece's trip, you will need to provide evidence of your ability to financially support her during her visit, such as bank statements and proof of income. It is not necessary for her parents to provide any financial documentation, although they may need to provide consent for her to travel.
  3. It is difficult to predict the chances of your niece's visitor visa being approved, as the decision is based on a number of factors, including the purpose of the visit, the length of stay, and the overall circumstances of the applicant. However, as a minor, she may be seen as a lower risk by immigration officials, which could increase her chances of being approved.
  4. Photos of you and your niece can help to demonstrate your relationship with her and your strong bond. It is a good idea to include these in your application, along with any other documents that can help to demonstrate your relationship, such as letters or cards from your niece or other family members.
  5. Before starting the application, it is important to gather all necessary documents and ensure that they are complete and accurate. You should also familiarize yourself with the requirements and the process for applying for a visitor visa, as well as any specific requirements for minors.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
  1. When applying for a visitor visa for your niece, you should make the application as if you are applying on her behalf. As a minor, she is not able to make the application herself.
  2. As the sponsor for your niece's trip, you will need to provide evidence of your ability to financially support her during her visit, such as bank statements and proof of income. It is not necessary for her parents to provide any financial documentation, although they may need to provide consent for her to travel.
  3. It is difficult to predict the chances of your niece's visitor visa being approved, as the decision is based on a number of factors, including the purpose of the visit, the length of stay, and the overall circumstances of the applicant. However, as a minor, she may be seen as a lower risk by immigration officials, which could increase her chances of being approved.
  4. Photos of you and your niece can help to demonstrate your relationship with her and your strong bond. It is a good idea to include these in your application, along with any other documents that can help to demonstrate your relationship, such as letters or cards from your niece or other family members.
  5. Before starting the application, it is important to gather all necessary documents and ensure that they are complete and accurate. You should also familiarize yourself with the requirements and the process for applying for a visitor visa, as well as any specific requirements for minors.
2. Her parents do need to provide their financial information. OP can also provide their financial information but parents ability to finance the visit will be a major consideration.
3.As a minor and being from Ghana there will be significant concern that a young person has plans to remain in Canada.
4. proof of relationship is somewhat important but what is most important is her ties to her home country, her family in Ghana and proof that she will be returning to Ghana and has no plans to try and remain in Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl

katheosva

Mar 5, 2021
Good morning.
Just wanted to follow on the question above. I also would like to apply for a visitor visa for my niece(13 yrs). Should i create a GC account under my name and then make the application as a representative?