NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
29-DEC-2016
Hi Guys,

I am a Permanent resident of Canada and I want to apply visitor's visa for my parents and I need your guys help to answer few questions.
I want to start with this first.

1. So far what I have found from CIC website it looks like we have 2 ways to apply offline/ paper-based or online. In my case, I will be taking care of the application start to end. so, I was thinking its better to go with the online application that makes life easier. So can I pretend to be the primary applicant and apply for my parents? I will keep all the correspondence to my parent's email and home address as my parent's address.

2. My father is not working right now. So what documents are required to show financial support? what's the minimum they have to show in a bank account? the only income source my parents can show is property rent and IT returns of a company that my mom runs. (which is not good for last 2-3 years). is this going to create any problem? I have enough to support my parents here but not sure if that's the only thing VISA officer is looking for.

I will start filling the questionnaire to generate document checklist. please help me address these concerns.

Thanks,
T

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. So far what I have found from CIC website it looks like we have 2 ways to apply offline/ paper-based or online. In my case, I will be taking care of the application start to end. so, I was thinking its better to go with the online application that makes life easier. So can I pretend to be the primary applicant and apply for my parents? I will keep all the correspondence to my parent's email and home address as my parent's address.
It's a matter of personal preference.

2. My father is not working right now. So what documents are required to show financial support?
Their bank statements for the last 6 months + FDs (not locked-in one as 'available funds', but locked-in FDs can be shown as part of the overall financial situation) + RDs + shares including dividends + rental income + foreign exchange purchased from authorized dealers + cash (if the source can be proved), etc

what's the minimum they have to show in a bank account?
To pay for their day-by-day itinerary as a tourist/meeting family + both airfares (without borrowing from anyone)

the only income source my parents can show is property rent and IT returns of a company that my mom runs. (which is not good for last 2-3 years). is this going to create any problem?
It's a matter of perspective: How good is good? Or how bad is bad?

I have enough to support my parents here but not sure if that's the only thing VISA officer is looking for.
Your financial situation is only supplementary.

I will start filling the questionnaire to generate document checklist. please help me address these concerns.
The checklist is only a guide, not set in stone. You may want to go through this section of the forum to understand how to demonstrate their strong ties + do's/don'ts + keep their visit to 2-3 weeks max. You can post any specific queries if you have any

Reactions: Hdnarola20

tandpteam

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-12-2017
1. I have the same question. However I'm wondering if I should use my own CIC account to apply, or create a new account for them ( pretending my mom is filling it up). If I'm pretending that's my mom who applies herself, using her own CIC account ( that I create and use), do I need to fill up IMM5476 Use of a representative?

if I use my own CIC account, how should I fill up IMM5713 Use of a family member rep for online applications (which is mandatory) ? me or my mom as the main applicant? I'm not applying for myself btw, I'm a PR.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. I have the same question. However I'm wondering if I should use my own CIC account to apply, or create a new account for them ( pretending my mom is filling it up). If I'm pretending that's my mom who applies herself, using her own CIC account ( that I create and use), do I need to fill up IMM5476 Use of a representative?

if I use my own CIC account, how should I fill up IMM5713 Use of a family member rep for online applications (which is mandatory) ? me or my mom as the main applicant? I'm not applying for myself btw, I'm a PR.
New online account.

You cannot submit the IMM5713 as you are not part of your family who is applying for a TRV/visitor visa.

If your mom has her own online account then the 'Use of representative' IMM5476 form is not required

livmckella

Aug 28, 2011
Hi it shouldn’t be a problem as long as not SuperVisa. We used an agent to apply my in laws because we got rejected twice despite with all the documents provided. Our agent only ask them photo and passport and then that’s it they’re here already and the rest of the documents from our end. We got a lot of recommendations from friends about her since we see how she got all their parents here in Canada.. she has 3 out of 100 denial rating and I wonder How she does it..

Reactions: PBSahni and kaoru

kaoru

Oct 3, 2018
@livmckella : hi !
i am a canadian citizen assisting my parents with their tourist visa application, online.
they are getting an error message which i am not able to resolve for them; can you please refer me to your agent ?

i am in montreal, quebec, where is your agent located ? i have no problem to call / make an appointment and pay her for her assistance !

thank you !

Hi it shouldn’t be a problem as long as not SuperVisa. We used an agent to apply my in laws because we got rejected twice despite with all the documents provided. Our agent only ask them photo and passport and then that’s it they’re here already and the rest of the documents from our end. We got a lot of recommendations from friends about her since we see how she got all their parents here in Canada.. she has 3 out of 100 denial rating and I wonder How she does it..

Nitulapointe

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
India
Hi, would it be possible for you to share the details of that agent ?? I need to apply for my parents visit visa. I am trying to do it online but its little complicated as I dint know how to submit for mother. Do i need to create separate my cic account for both father and mother...

Hdnarola20

Jun 21, 2019
It's a matter of personal preference.

Their bank statements for the last 6 months + FDs (not locked-in one as 'available funds', but locked-in FDs can be shown as part of the overall financial situation) + RDs + shares including dividends + rental income + foreign exchange purchased from authorized dealers + cash (if the source can be proved), etc

To pay for their day-by-day itinerary as a tourist/meeting family + both airfares (without borrowing from anyone)

It's a matter of perspective: How good is good? Or how bad is bad?

Your financial situation is only supplementary.

The checklist is only a guide, not set in stone. You may want to go through this section of the forum to understand how to demonstrate their strong ties + do's/don'ts + keep their visit to 2-3 weeks max. You can post any specific queries if you have any
Hi Bryanna
Actually i am thinking to apply for my parents visitor visa and i am PR in canada....i am wondering which Best Reason i should say in my file to sponsor my parents...
Bcz i don't want they reject visa because of any Normal Reason...
Please Help me...
Thansk...