+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor's Visa - Error on "Information about education, work, and other activities"

GPRen

Mar 6, 2022
Good day everyone,

I am having problems about filling up data about my work experience since the age of 18. For background information:
- I was 18 years old in August 2014 and still a student. This led me to input "Unemployed" under "Work/Activity" from August 2014 to July 2017
- I finished my undergraduate studies last July 2017
- From July 2017 until present, I am employed

Where could the "gap" be in my case?

Hoping answers in this thread would help my situation and for others who share my experience.

Best Regards.

pakueamb

Jun 2, 2022
Good day everyone,

I am having problems about filling up data about my work experience since the age of 18. For background information:
- I was 18 years old in August 2014 and still a student. This led me to input "Unemployed" under "Work/Activity" from August 2014 to July 2017
- I finished my undergraduate studies last July 2017
- From July 2017 until present, I am employed

Where could the "gap" be in my case?

Hoping answers in this thread would help my situation and for others who share my experience.

Best Regards.
So, I am going through the application for the visitor visa online and I ran into the same issue as you. What eventually worked for me was to:
1. have only one field in Work or Education that checks the box "ongoing"
2. Have "unemployed" stretch from the beginning of the period you're above 18 to the latest/current month

That section is finicky but I hope that helps.

August828

Feb 8, 2023
Can someone please break this down? apparently, everyone is having the same issue. you said something worked for you can narrate it clearly, please? I am also having the same issue. we can discuss this further e-mail me, please. greatnessoverloaded1@gmail.com

RonMar

Mar 2, 2023
I'm running in to the same issue for my niece's application. I'm stuck and couldn't resolve what seemed to be the issue

Hysterogenic

Mar 20, 2023
Does anyone found any suggestions on this topic? I'm also running into the same problem and it scares me a lot because I need to feel this form as far as it's possible. And I also have an issue with filling out additional educational degrees. I only can fill in one, but there are no additional windows. It will be counseling the information if I don't fill it in and everyone knows it so badly. So if anyone resolved it - let me know, please!:confused:

Hysterogenic

Mar 20, 2023
Does anyone found any suggestions on this topic? I'm also running into the same problem and it scares me a lot because I need to feel this form as far as it's possible. And I also have an issue with filling out additional educational degrees. I only can fill in one, but there are no additional windows. It will be counseling the information if I don't fill it in and everyone knows it so badly. I don't know why studying was easier (of course thanks to this site https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/westward-expansion/ ) than filling out the forms about it... So if anyone resolved it - let me know, please!:confused:
btw I already fixed it

newpanda

Jul 22, 2023
This is what worked for me.
-I just filled one entry for my education.
-from the time I turned 18 yo, until my latest employment, I entered "unemployed"
-for latest employment i said "ongoing"

newpanda

Jul 22, 2023
Or try entering your whole employment activity as it is and put only one enter for university education. This worked for me.

noorhossain

Aug 7, 2023
This is what worked for me.
-I just filled one entry for my education.
-from the time I turned 18 yo, until my latest employment, I entered "unemployed"
-for latest employment i said "ongoing"
If I don't put detail about my education and employment, would it be a problem to get my visa approved?

Aug 14, 2023
Or try entering your whole employment activity as it is and put only one enter for university education. This worked for me.
Thanks everyone for your input, after endless attempts to get past this validation "unknown error" what worked for me was to only add ONE education. For the employment section, I added the previous 10 years of history with no gaps

sapnamulani

Aug 16, 2023
Hi all, I am stuck on the same section. My education history is: Masters Oct 2014 to Oct 2016 and Bachelors Aug 2008 to Jun 2012
I am adding my work history of last 10 years again and again manually but the page is just not proceeding.
Can anyone explain what does gap even mean? if my employments ends on 31st jan and another starts from 1st Feb, then how it there a gap?
I have tried so many variations and quite frustrated because there are many entries I have to do manually. Can anyone please help?