+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Hello All
I hope you are doing well. I’m starting this post as I really need a valued advice and help from you. My parents applied for their visitor visa from Greece last April 2021. It’s been so long that we haven’t received any update. Since the day we have applied it says that they are processing the background check. Even the processing time isn’t that long from Greece. I’ve applied for their visitor visa so that they can see my convocation. Unfortunately that event has passed long ago and now I’m afraid that their visa will get refused.
We have called them multiple times but it goes directly to voicemail. Please advice what should I do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All
I hope you are doing well. I’m starting this post as I really need a valued advice and help from you. My parents applied for their visitor visa from Greece last April 2021. It’s been so long that we haven’t received any update. Since the day we have applied it says that they are processing the background check. Even the processing time isn’t that long from Greece. I’ve applied for their visitor visa so that they can see my convocation. Unfortunately that event has passed long ago and now I’m afraid that their visa will get refused.
We have called them multiple times but it goes directly to voicemail. Please advice what should I do?
Should be asking question under Visitor Visa. If they applied two years ago in April 2021, the Canadian government asked everyone to reapply in September 2021 when Covid restrictions changed. So if that is the case, they should reapply. If it was April 2022, you can raise a webform or contact your MP so they can find out the status of your application.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Hello
Thank you for your response
We applied in April 2022 and I have sent them webform but there’s no response on status. May I ask what you mean by MP? And I’m order to reapply do I need to pay again for it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
Thank you for your response
We applied in April 2022 and I have sent them webform but there’s no response on status. May I ask what you mean by MP? And I’m order to reapply do I need to pay again for it?
Okay your post said 2021. Processing varies and you can check times. MP is your Member of Parliament. All that person can do is find out the status of your file. Did eligibility review even start.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Sorry I meant April 2022. The processing time from Greece shows 7 months. It’s already more than that and I’ve tried to raise web forms also calling daily and nobody answers. I don’t know whom to contact and what’s should I do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry I meant April 2022. The processing time from Greece shows 7 months. It’s already more than that and I’ve tried to raise web forms also calling daily and nobody answers. I don’t know whom to contact and what’s should I do.
As said before, you need to reapply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not much you can do but reapply or call your Member of Parliament. Again 7 months is an estimate and sometimes processing is longer.

nk1

Aug 19, 2020
Thank you all for the help. So in order to reapply do I need to withdraw last application as well pay again?