+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

Kumudji

Nov 3, 2019
I am Indian citizen. In old passport I held Canada visitor visa. Due to renewal passport I had applied for fresh visitor visa in June 2021 to Delhi consulate office online. Biometric finger print done on 21st sept 2021.

My grand daughter a Canadian citizen 2 year old residing with me stucked unconscious due to virus. I got approval letter on compensate ground to enter Canada from PHAC.
CAN I send approval letter for my original visa application to prioritize visa stamping ? I have to go Canada with my unconscious Canadian citizen grand daughter and stay there with my son’s family for care of my grand daughter. What to do now ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can or reapply under new rules as of September 7. Assume you have arranged care for her care in Canada and she is eligible for healthcare. If unconscious then assume you have arranged private transportation because she would not be able to fly commercial. Also where are her parents because they need to consent her travel at 2 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am Indian citizen. In old passport I held Canada visitor visa. Due to renewal passport I had applied for fresh visitor visa in June 2021 to Delhi consulate office online. Biometric finger print done on 21st sept 2021.

My grand daughter a Canadian citizen 2 year old residing with me stucked unconscious due to virus. I got approval letter on compensate ground to enter Canada from PHAC.
CAN I send approval letter for my original visa application to prioritize visa stamping ? I have to go Canada with my unconscious Canadian citizen grand daughter and stay there with my son’s family for care of my grand daughter. What to do now ?
Did you organize medical transport? As I previously indicated if unconscious or conscious and deemed to sick to fly she will not be allowed to board a commercial flight. It may also be too dangerous to fly given her condition or the inability to access emergency medical care while travelling over the ocean.

When does the TRV in your old passport expire?

Kumudji

Nov 3, 2019
I had entered Canada using old and new passport with my grand daughter. Border officer hadn’t stamped date to leave Canada. But orally told to leave before expiry date of visa. My new visa app done before 7th September is under process.

now can I stay for six month as no stamping on passport.

can I applynew application on IRCc portal as new rules amendment. And after applying can I stay till application under process?

Debssss

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I had entered Canada using old and new passport with my grand daughter. Border officer hadn’t stamped date to leave Canada. But orally told to leave before expiry date of visa. My new visa app done before 7th September is under process.

can I applynew application on IRCc portal as new rules amendment. And after applying can I stay till application under process?
I think you should reapply as per post 7th September application to hasten your visa and also care for your grand daughter, my heart goes out to you this period and may your grand daughter be fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Was there a visit length specified on the PHAC? Would contact CBSA to clarify because the agent may have forgotten to write down the expiry date when they told you to leave before the expiry date of your visa. You don’t want to overstay your visa because that would create complications in the future. Your granddaughter must meet the residency requirement to receive healthcare. Depending on how long she has been out of Canada that may mean reapplying for health coverage and/or remaining in Alberta for the next year. Even with a valid health card you must meet the residency requirements of the province to receive healthcare or you can be asked to pay back any healthcare you use.

Kumudji

Nov 3, 2019
My grand daughter stayed around 11 month at our home plus 80 days for recent treatment total nearly 14 months stayed outside Canada.
I have to stay after the date of visa expiry date due to my granddaughter semi conscious position for her care because my her mother is pregnant ( more than six months). my visa application at Delhi consulate of Canada is under process. I don’t want to over stay but want urgent visa. CAN ANY PROCESS To get visa extension at least for five months ?
please give me directions for that. I need urgent health.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My grand daughter stayed around 11 month at our home plus 80 days for recent treatment total nearly 14 months stayed outside Canada.
I have to stay after the date of visa expiry date due to my granddaughter semi conscious position for her care because my her mother is pregnant ( more than six months). my visa application at Delhi consulate of Canada is under process. I don’t want to over stay but want urgent visa. CAN ANY PROCESS To get visa extension at least for five months ?
please give me directions for that. I need urgent health.
Did your granddaughter reapply for Alberta healthcare because she lost her healthcare coverage after spending so much time abroad? Assume she went to India after her 1 year birthday or else she may have never been entitled to healthcare coverage. A valid health card doesn’t mean you are entitled to healthcare. You must also meet the residency requirement to receive healthcare or else you can be billed for any services later on. You are also supposed to notify the province of any long absence from Canada.

You first said that your granddaughter was unconscious but if you were able to travel commercially that couldn’t be the case. What is the child’s diagnosis and is she in hospital? There has been mention of a viral infection, stroke, etc. which are all very different. You first need to clarify whether you were granted a 6 month stay or not based on your confusing interaction with CBSA. When it comes to whether you will be able to get an extension it depends on what care is needed and for how long. You will need documentation from her doctor about what care is needed, for how long and why her parents can’t do the caregiving. Being 6 months pregnant doesn’t prevent a mother from caring for a 2 year old but if the care is longterm then there will be a need for extra help when the mother gives birth and is postpartum.

Kumudji

Nov 3, 2019
Grand daughter left Canada after completing 1 year after birth ( 1 year and 27 days).
stay outside Canada is 13 month and 20 days. Hospitalized for one month, with tracheotomy and rice tube she is at home since discharge from hospital. Still she is unconscious and can’t move any part of body herself. We have to give liquid food by rice tube every two hour intervals i.e. 12 times in a day. She is breathing via tracheotomy. So, she needs many caregivers for long times. As Indian doctors like critical treatment, paediatric neurologist assumes that treatment will long period maybe one or two year or more. May some parts will not function in future or take so long time to recover it.
We stayed 15-16 months in Canada during her birth time and pandemic covid 19 and left Canada 3 months before extended time.
Now it is our bad luck that critical illness,passport renewal, VISA expiry, visa application under process so long time due to Afghanistan issue, pregnancy of her mother etc. at same time we have to face.
let’s see how god and Canadian policy for visa will help us.
we wish you will help us in this situation.
Thanks to replying immediately every time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Grand daughter left Canada after completing 1 year after birth ( 1 year and 27 days).
stay outside Canada is 13 month and 20 days. Hospitalized for one month, with tracheotomy and rice tube she is at home since discharge from hospital. Still she is unconscious and can’t move any part of body herself. We have to give liquid food by rice tube every two hour intervals i.e. 12 times in a day. She is breathing via tracheotomy. So, she needs many caregivers for long times. As Indian doctors like critical treatment, paediatric neurologist assumes that treatment will long period maybe one or two year or more. May some parts will not function in future or take so long time to recover it.
We stayed 15-16 months in Canada during her birth time and pandemic covid 19 and left Canada 3 months before extended time.
Now it is our bad luck that critical illness,passport renewal, VISA expiry, visa application under process so long time due to Afghanistan issue, pregnancy of her mother etc. at same time we have to face.
let’s see how god and Canadian policy for visa will help us.
we wish you will help us in this situation.
Thanks to replying immediately every time.
I’m sorry to hear about your granddaughter’s condition. How were you able to travel commercially if she is unconscious with a traech? Normally airlines would require at least a doctor or nurse to accompany you at the very minimum. She needs to reapply for AHCIP since she lost her coverage after being outside Canada for so long. Given that she will be using the health system a lot it is really important to make sure she is actually covered. It’s unclear whether the child’s parents have also spent significant time outside of Canada or you returned to India with the child after her 1st birthday. Tif they have spent time abroad as well th h also may have lost coverage.

In terms of an extension you need to get information from her physicians about caregiving needs, diagnosis and prognosis. Since you aren’t legally able to work in Canada you can’t be replacing the role of a medical caregiver so it’s a bit tricky. You can be providing emotional support. In general your family will need to sort out longterm care plans if this is a longterm situation. You will need to work with homecare, her doctors, hopefully a social worker, etc. to determine what services your granddaughter is entitled to. Realistically one parent is usually required to remain at home or only able to work part-time if you have a child who is ill or disabled. You seem to have been the primary caregiver for your granddaughter for a long period of time but a TRV is not meant for longterm stays in Canada (years). Outside of Canada being the primary caregiver wasn’t an issue. It’s still unclear to me whether she will have significant deficits for life like a traech, wheelchair bound, cognitive impairment, etc. or whether there is a possibility for a return to a somewhat normal life with some limitations. That will have an impact on your ability to extend your stay in Canada. Would assume that if you have proof from the doctors of her condition you should be able to extend at least once. First clarify with CBSA that you have 6 months stay since your previous post indicated that you were told that you needed to leave at a certain date but nothing was written in your passport.

https://www.alberta.ca/ahcip-eligibility.aspx#jumplinks-0

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Guys, I got a biometric appointment letter and it says among other things, I should bring a consent form signed by me to the biometric centre. What is this consent letter??