+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

chikouist

Mar 1, 2016
Hello,
My parents are applying for a visitors Visa and I was wondering if providing my employment letter as a proof of means of financial support would make it.
Thank you in advance

chikouist

Mar 1, 2016
You can but they need to show their funds to support a visit.
Thanks for your help, but I meant my employment letter as a proof of means of financial support instead of them showing anything. They are retired and given the fact that Canadian dollar is much higher that local currency I doubt what they have in their bank account would be enough for a visit here.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your help, but I meant my employment letter as a proof of means of financial support instead of them showing anything. They are retired and given the fact that Canadian dollar is much higher that local currency I doubt what they have in their bank account would be enough for a visit here.
Thank you
Your employment letter doesn't prove liquid funds. It is your parents bank accounts (and yours) that must be shown.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Right, thank you.
Your bank statement is more important than a letter from your job. For visitor visas the applicants funds are the most important and the person in Canada is considered as secondary proof. For a supervisa that child’s income in Canada is what is considered first.

chikouist

Mar 1, 2016
Your bank statement is more important than a letter from your job. For visitor visas the applicants funds are the most important and the person in Canada is considered as secondary proof. For a supervisa that child’s income in Canada is what is considered first.
I remain their child in both cases, so why would ig be different? I think I will probably go for the super visa option.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I remain their child in both cases, so why would ig be different? I think I will probably go for the super visa option.
They are different types of visas with different requirements. Supervisas require you to purchase health insurance and to make a certain level of income for a year to qualify. There are plenty of situations where families fight and then no longer want to support their family or friends which is why Canada usually wants to see that they can support themselves (at a minimum for a hotel room or a flight home) especially for a TRV.

chikouist

Mar 1, 2016
That's what I am planning to do, thank you. I know my parents wouldn't want to stay longer than a month or two (maximum) and it seems like I can pay for their insurance only for the time they will be here and not for the whole year, so yes, supervisa is probably my best option. Thanks.