+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Hi, i want to apply visitor visa for my parents to help in my pregnancy times. Whats the process and how much time it is taking from india now? Please suggest.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, i want to apply visitor visa for my parents to help in my pregnancy times. Whats the process and how much time it is taking from india now? Please suggest.
They will need to be approved for a TRV and they will need special authorization to travel since you are on a WP. They will need to show tgat their travel is essential.
Believe it is more like 250 days for TRVs but bionetrics is the najor stumbling block for most. Getting biometrics done in India may not be possible. Many have flown to Dubai to do their biometrics.

jpsantos

Jan 19, 2021
Hi,

My visitor visa is expiring in 4 days. Should I lodge an application to renew it or wait for it to expire and start a new application for TRV? I am outside Canada now and I plan to visit again my mom and youngest brother since I failed to see them last year due to the pandemic.

Appreciate the help.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
I would suggest you to refer this link, its very quick process and surely help you in your pregnancy time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My visitor visa is expiring in 4 days. Should I lodge an application to renew it or wait for it to expire and start a new application for TRV? I am outside Canada now and I plan to visit again my mom and youngest brother since I failed to see them last year due to the pandemic.

Appreciate the help.
There is still a pandemic so nobody should be travelling to Canada for a visit unless for essential reasons. Many Canadians have not seen their Canadian relatives because travel and visiting has been highly discouraged.

jpsantos

Jan 19, 2021
Thank you for your reply but I don’t intend to travel until everything normalizes. My concern is that my visa is expiring and I just want everything updated if flying is already permitted.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
They will need to be approved for a TRV and they will need special authorization to travel since you are on a WP. They will need to show tgat their travel is essential.
Believe it is more like 250 days for TRVs but bionetrics is the najor stumbling block for most. Getting biometrics done in India may not be possible. Many have flown to Dubai to do their biometrics.
Current processing times for India have dropped from 250 days to 154 days.

Reactions: keershy0911

bau

Oct 27, 2020
Hi All,
My parents are in Canada. Their visitor visa expires in june 2021, Can they apply for new visitor visa inside Canada? I am PR.
So they need new visa as well as extension to stay longer than 6 months. What is the best option?
Thank you for your help

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi Dk,

I read your post regarding your parents visiting visa approval. I am in same boat. I am Canadian PR. I had applied for my parents visa in July 2020 , I got biometric letter but biometric has not done yet due to VFS closer. I need my parents support immediately for my wife's postpartum care. I really appreciate your help if you can provide information ASAP.

Can you please provide me guidance how did you started PHAC approval for your parents visit to canada .?

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Dk,

I read your post regarding your parents visiting visa approval. I am in same boat. I am Canadian PR. I had applied for my parents visa in July 2020 , I got biometric letter but biometric has not done yet due to VFS closer. I need my parents support immediately for my wife's postpartum care. I really appreciate your help if you can provide information ASAP.

Can you please provide me guidance how did you started PHAC approval for your parents visit to canada .?

Thank you in advance.
Your parents will still need to get biometrics done. If you want their application processed asap, they can travel to Dubai or Nepal to be biometrics done.