+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa

NutNut26

Nov 28, 2019
Thank you for this website.

I have an inquiry.. I was planning to apply a tourist visa in Canada this coming Saturday.
I am bothered with my application because I have an overstayed status in the USA. I worked as a Nanny in Hong Kong to a family who employed by USA Embassy .. they have decided to moved back to the USA for their next assignment. They brought me with them. Long short story, they have decided to stay in the USA for good, I decided to go back home in the Philippine to avoid any violations or so... they have assured me that they have renewed and fix my homeland stay in the USA.

2017 of July I tried to apply tourist visa in the USA and I found out that I was overstayed.I reached out my employers in the USA and told them what I have found out. They keep on making promises that they will fix my overstayed but they never did. Until now I am suffering with this consequences that I can’t even imagine doing it. Without my knowledge I have a bad record .

I am bothered with my application , because it might affect .

Do you think making an explanation letter with my application and attached my screenshot conversation with my employer , would helps me to get a chance to approve Canadian visa.? To prove that it’s not my fault why I was overstayed. I just trust that family I worked because I’ve been working with them for too long. .

Thank you in advance!

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Thank you for this website.

I have an inquiry.. I was planning to apply a tourist visa in Canada this coming Saturday.
I am bothered with my application because I have an overstayed status in the USA. I worked as a Nanny in Hong Kong to a family who employed by USA Embassy .. they have decided to moved back to the USA for their next assignment. They brought me with them. Long short story, they have decided to stay in the USA for good, I decided to go back home in the Philippine to avoid any violations or so... they have assured me that they have renewed and fix my homeland stay in the USA.

2017 of July I tried to apply tourist visa in the USA and I found out that I was overstayed.I reached out my employers in the USA and told them what I have found out. They keep on making promises that they will fix my overstayed but they never did. Until now I am suffering with this consequences that I can’t even imagine doing it. Without my knowledge I have a bad record .

I am bothered with my application , because it might affect .

Do you think making an explanation letter with my application and attached my screenshot conversation with my employer , would helps me to get a chance to approve Canadian visa.? To prove that it’s not my fault why I was overstayed. I just trust that family I worked because I’ve been working with them for too long. .

Thank you in advance!
Hard to say, as an adult when you overstayed you are responsible for the effect. It is tough to argue that you were unaware .

Having said that, your case likely merits am immigration lawyer. Get hold of one.

NutNut26

Nov 28, 2019
Hard to say, as an adult when you overstayed you are responsible for the effect. It is tough to argue that you were unaware .

Having said that, your case likely merits am immigration lawyer. Get hold of one.

Thank you for the prompt response.

I was so naive to trust them that much. I should have get a proof when they said they fix or renewed my homeland stay,

Is there any chance I get approve for tourist visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I was so naive to trust them that much. I should have get a proof when they said they fix or renewed my homeland stay,

Even if you had proof they said they would fix / review your stay in the US, you would still be held responsible for the overstay. It was your responsibility to ensure you had valid status and/or a valid work permit - not your employers.

Sure - it's always possible a TRV could be approved. You will need to declare the US overstay and also any refused visas to the US. You will need to demonstrate extremely strong ties to your home country to be approved.

NutNut26

Nov 28, 2019
Do you have any idea , is there any amount or how much fund I should have in my bank?

I am only staying for a week to visit my brother in Montreal , I asked travel agency here in Philippines to process my visa, and look for Air BnB for my accommodation around in Montreal .

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto

As I said, hard to say. No harm in trying. Your other ties are important, on the matter of overstay it would boil down to Visa office making a determination on whether you are likely to overstay again

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi guys I am applying visitor visa for my brother who is outside the Canada.In the upload section i see travel history that I need to upload.For this is there any particular form that I need to fill up or I should make roughly and filled it and upload and for how many years should I prepare?
Thanks

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi guys I am applying visitor visa for my brother who is outside the Canada.In the upload section i see travel history that I need to upload.For this is there any particular form that I need to fill up or I should make roughly and filled it and upload and for how many years should I prepare?
Thanks
I believe it comes in tool tip:
Past 5 years of travel history in the form of stamps in your passport
Past 10 years of travel history in USA/Canada in the form of stamps in your passport

Reactions: RabinJi

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Past 10 years of travel history in USA/Canada in the form of stamps in your passport[/QUOTE
In which form should I mention the travel history like IMM——-?So you mean that it depends that the previous Visa stamped on the passport right
Thanks

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Past 10 years of travel history in USA/Canada in the form of stamps in your passport[/QUOTE
Can you please send me link to fill the travel history?
Thanks