+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Please answer me someone. I am thinking of going to the canadian high commission to get a trv because i would like to visit before landing in feb 2008 just to see how the place is? Is trv necessary or i could just got with my PR visa though i have not landed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

martha marita said:
Please answer me someone. I am thinking of going to the canadian high commission to get a trv because i would like to visit before landing in feb 2008 just to see how the place is? Is trv necessary or i could just got with my PR visa though i have not landed.
If you don't intend to "land" you would need a TRV.

PMM

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
thanks pmm.

Is it ok to go land stay in a hostel for five days and then come back. I just want to go and look how the place is and see if i could sort out my self. I understand that i will need an address for them to post the PR is it a must i stay for the whole month. for the pr card to be posted at my friends house or i can??/ please advise. I am hopping to travel in november just to have a look

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

martha marita said:
thanks pmm.

Is it ok to go land stay in a hostel for five days and then come back. I just want to go and look how the place is and see if i could sort out my self. I understand that i will need an address for them to post the PR is it a must i stay for the whole month. for the pr card to be posted at my friends house or i can??/ please advise. I am hopping to travel in november just to have a look
You can have it posted to a friends house, or if you return within 6 months of "landing" you can give them your new address. Sure you can in a hostel, or a tent if you wish.

PMM

adirit

Oct 22, 2007
HI pmm,

Thanks for you inputs. What you say is that it is ok to land once and get your paper for PR card processed at the airport and one can come back and the PR card will be posted to the address mentioned on the form.

Will it be possible to reenter Canada without PR card next time.?
thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

adirit said:
HI pmm,

Thanks for you inputs. What you say is that it is ok to land once and get your paper for PR card processed at the airport and one can come back and the PR card will be posted to the address mentioned on the form.

Will it be possible to reenter Canada without PR card next time.?
thanks
If you don't have a PR card and you are from a non-visa exempt country, you will require either a PR card or travel visa issued CHC overseas to re-enter Canada if you travel via commercial carrier.

PMM