+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa

Sarithaji

Apr 20, 2018
Hello everyone
I have applied for visit visa to canada through online on Mar 21st 2018 for me and my husband to attend my brother’s wedding and I have 2 kids but I did not apply for them. I did not receive any update about my visa till now. Please help

Reactions: Preetdehal
Apr 20, 2018
Me and my too applied for visitor visa to attend function at my sister in law place.but my mother in law got visa ..ours still in process at delhi office..wat to do

Preetdehal

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Chandighar
Hello everyone
I have applied for visit visa to canada through online on Mar 21st 2018 for me and my husband to attend my brother’s wedding and I have 2 kids but I did not apply for them. I did not receive any update about my visa till now. Please help
You should links your application gckey check the status .hope you will get visa in next week

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
Ok that means you will get visa in few days
I don't think if the GC account says the application is still in process, that it means he/she will get the visa in a few days. Usually there are ghost emails that say there is an update to the application and when you go to check, there is no update. That is when it normally means, a decision ( refusal or approval) will be made soon. That's what happened when my previous application was refused within 16 days.

Reactions: Bryanna

calgary lady

Apr 20, 2018
Hi i am new here so i don't know if im on the right thread.
My question is if you can travel in US with an expired TRV and under implied status as a visitor, can a person still re enter canada with an expired visa and implied status? ( extension of stay expired last april but able to apply again for another extension last march waiting for decision still)

Please HELP.....
I have read travelling to US on dont requires a valid visa as long as you have a valid permit to stay in canada is that applicable if you have an implied status as a visitor????

Thank you in advance! we are planning to travel US next month

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My question is if you can travel in US with an expired TRV and under implied status as a visitor, can a person still re enter canada with an expired visa and implied status? ( extension of stay expired last april but able to apply again for another extension last march waiting for decision still)
No, you cannot. You do not have approved status to return even if your TRV has expired. You should wait until you get a decision on your application to extend your stay

calgary lady

Apr 20, 2018
@Bryanna Would it be a problem in US boarder though? would they let me still go to the US with my situation? I was thinking to stay there for a month while waiting for the decision and once it get approved(im positive it will get approved since this is my 6th time already :)..crossfingers) i can just go back to canada and have my extension with me?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Would it be a problem in US boarder though? would they let me still go to the US with my situation?
You can enter the US if you have a valid US visa to do so.

I was thinking to stay there for a month while waiting for the decision and once it get approved(im positive it will get approved since this is my 6th time already :)..crossfingers) i can just go back to canada and have my extension with me?
The problem would be in getting back into Canada. Your 'implied status' will lapse when you leave the country.

You could have attempted a re-entry if you had a valid TRV. However, you do not have a valid multiple-entry TRV + IRCC has not approved your application to extend your current stay yet.

If you leave without getting an approval, you would need to apply for a new TRV from scratch when you're in the US

calgary lady

Apr 20, 2018
@Bryanna THANKS for all your info. I might just get a new TRV in US since i need to go there we have a family emergency.

I just want to make sure now that I wont get any problem coming to US even though the status i have is implied but i have US visa and valid passport. I hope this won't give the officer the reason to interrogate me....