+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa ?

N

nanak12

hi guys, i am egyptian 20 years old almost 21, i have a friend living in canada she is canadian, she will send for me invitation letter to get a visitor visa. so
can i work during the visiting time ?
can i extend the time if visa expire by any way ?
what if i married to her ??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nanak12 said:
hi guys, i am egyptian 20 years old almost 21, i have a friend living in canada she is canadian, she will send for me invitation letter to get a visitor visa. so
can i work during the visiting time ?
can i extend the time if visa expire by any way ?
what if i married to her ??
1. No you can't work as a visitor.
2. You can apply for an extension.
3. If you marry, she would have to sponsor you.
4. Unless you can prove ties to Eygpt, job, schooling, home, family the chance of getting a TRV are pretty slim.

PMM

N

nanak12

is there any way to settle in canada?
after got a visitor visa what should i do to settle in canada ?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
nanak12

Canada doesn't have a "visitor visa" - it has a temporary residence visa (TRV). And Egypt is one of the countries whose citizens are required to obtain a TRV.

As PMM was saying, unless you have strong ties to your country (job, school, house, family), it's unlikely you'll be granted a TRV.

tg

N

nanak12

ok thx guys.

we arranged to get marry , so can i apply for a permanent residence or i just to have to marry her 1st ?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You have a choice of getting married or meeting the definition of common-law partners.

There are also requirements for you and your friend/fiance to meet regarding sponsorship:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-sponsopship-requirements.html

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
Just saying but...

Even if "you arranged to get married", you will have to build a strong application to get your permanent resident ans show that your relationship is strong etc. You'll have to provide lots of documents supporting your claim. Just getting married won't give you any visa right.

engahmed61

Jul 11, 2007
Hi everybody ;

I am from Iraq and I have a friend in Canada . She is going to send me an invitation and stay with her at her home because we are true friends a year and a half .Is it easy to get a visitor visa and how . Tell me please . Thank you

aeldani10

Sep 23, 2013
This visitor was previously married to someone from London England, when she was with him he tried to get her to Immigrate to London as his wife, she got denied 4 times for reasons like the house was to small he was older then her and really strange non major issues denied her of going there and now they're divorced . Anyways mmy question is will this have an affect on the visitor visa application to canada?? I really hope not