+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA

femirabel

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Hello,

Can anyone share your thoughts my niece from Manila Philippines applied a visit visa along with her parents , mother age is 65y/o . father age is 55 y/o .
And she received a reply regarding their application and the immigration of Canada was requiring them a MEDICAL EXAM. .
Is there anyone from here encounter the same .. this is only a VISIT VISA

Thanks hope to share your experience.

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
femirabel said:
Hello,

Can anyone share your thoughts my niece from Manila Philippines applied a visit visa along with her parents , mother age is 65y/o . father age is 55 y/o .
And she received a reply regarding their application and the immigration of Canada was requiring them a MEDICAL EXAM. .
Is there anyone from here encounter the same .. this is only a VISIT VISA

Thanks hope to share your experience.
How long are they planning to stay in Canada? Was it a trv that they applied for?

leimirabel

Mar 22, 2017
laineyq said:
How long are they planning to stay in Canada? Was it a trv that they applied for?
Hi! We applied for TRV and only for a month.

I've also noticed the IMM type in the medical form is Non EDE which is more uncommon if I'm not mistaken.

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
femirabel said:
They will stay only for a month.
Did you submit online or was it a paper application? I submitted my application online and was never asked to have a medical examination.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
leimirabel said:
I submitted the paper forms. The request came in (from the Canadian embassy) after we submitted the documents.
On this thread you submitted paper, but on the other thread you submitted online?

leimirabel said:
I applied online and selected "no" on the medical panel physician.

Yes the request came in after we submitted the forms.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, since they requested for the medicals, you have to do it. It is perhaps because of the parents' ages and 1-month stay. Did they request medicals for just the parents, but for Lei as well?

leimirabel

Mar 22, 2017
Ahh no, submitted the paper forms. Not online.

Yes, medical required for all. Non EDE classification.

Yes, definitely no choice but to comply. Was just asking what could the possible reasons and if anybody else experienced the same.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
prvc said:
If you're gonna go ahead with the meds, do it in IOM. Don't do it in St. Luke's. Good luck.
Don't think it really matters, had mine in St. Luke's with no issue. They accept credit card and checks unlike IOM.

leimirabel

Mar 22, 2017
Email subject states: "Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: " maybe there is some kind of a mistake. Since we didn't apply as immigrants.

leimirabel

Mar 22, 2017
Thank you, PRVC! And thank you, everyone! Appreciate all your responses!

I would also inquire with IOM, since I didn't really anticipate the medical expenses, it'll be helpful to get it done somewhere cheaper.

I'll probably give it a shot and ask either vfs or the embassy. I'll share whatever I get tomorrow. Might help someone else in the future!

leimirabel

Mar 22, 2017
Currently in RCBC and just got off the phone with the immigration contact person. They confirmed they made a mistake in sending the email requiring medical from my Dad and myself. They require my Mom to proceed however. Apparently there is a new project that they request for medical from senior applicants.

Downside is our applications will need to go through the whole process again.

leimirabel

Mar 22, 2017
They didn't say any reason other than the processing depends on the consul and it takes 15 calendar days. I asked if we can expect a response by next week and the person said, "definitely not next week." so assuming it will take up the 15-day SLA again.

Omair ali

Mar 4, 2017
Hello Laineyq,
would you please help me to understand one thing that I have submitted my application VFS office on 21Mar17 and today 23Mar17 I have received an email and SMS too indicating that "your processed passport has been dispatched" since it is too early response i.e. in one day, what does it mean,, can you please reply..

laineyq said: