+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa with Court Case and arrest record

kashish1728

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hello, I wish to invite my maternal uncle to Canada for few days. He was a government employee (now retired) but was arrested and has a court case ongoing in the court. Is this something that can make him inadmissible? Can we have him apply for his visa? what are his chances? what if he does not indicate on the forms about his arrest and court case? He does not have any ill intentions, please advise.

I am not aware of the specifics of his case but from what I understand he was accused of graft and was arrested, however the court acquitted him. There is another case in separate court related to same incident, no one can predict when the decision will be reached in the court. Thanks for help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Kashish,

Please provide more information:
a. Where was your uncle arrested/court case currently going on?

b. Was he convicted for the crime or charged?

c. What was the nature of the offence?

d. When is the court case likely to finish?

what if he does not indicate on the forms about his arrest and court case?
Not disclosing facts/information can lead to a 5 year ban for misrepresentation/concealing the truth

Cheers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
All that matters is the nature of the offence. If the offence is serious enough - it doesn't matter if he has been convicted or if the court case is still ongoing - he is inadmissible to Canada. So you'll have to tell us what he's been accused of.