+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa while waiting for PR

Mat_STP

Jan 14, 2020
Hi group,

My wife and I are looking for some insights regarding visitor visa (TRV).

My wife is from Guatemala and I am Canadian citizen. We are married for a little over a year now after years of relationship. We submitted her application for permanent residence (PR) in March 2019 and are waiting for the CSQ to be issued to continue the immigration process.

She applied for TRV 2-3 years ago and got a refusal. CIC alleged the lack of travel history and her financial status puts her at risk of overstay her visa. Since then, we got married and travelled together on a few occasions. Her financial status remains unchanged.

We are considering applying for a new TRV while we wait for the PR process to end. Any insights on how to approach this and how to build our case for TRV would be welcome. How was your personal experience ?

Thanks in advance
Mathieu

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi group,

My wife and I are looking for some insights regarding visitor visa (TRV).

My wife is from Guatemala and I am Canadian citizen. We are married for a little over a year now after years of relationship. We submitted her application for permanent residence (PR) in March 2019 and are waiting for the CSQ to do issued to continue the immigration process.

She applied for TRV 2-3 years ago and got a refusal. CIC alleged the lack of travel history and her financial status puts her at risk of overstay her visa. Since then, we got married and travelled together on a few occasions. Her financial status remains somewhat the same.

We are considering applying for a new TRV while we wait for the PR process to end. Any insights on how to approach this and how to build our case for TRV would be welcome. How was your personal experience ?

Thanks in advance
Mathieu
She can apply but with a sponsorship app on process, along with the previous refusal and financial status, her chances are very low. The majority of TRVs are refused in this situation. She would need to show significant ties to her country.