+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa while sponsorship

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
My wife wants to apply for a visitor visa. We submitted a spousal sponsorship online out of Canada just last week. Is it better the wait for the 3 months for the AOR then apply for a visitor visa or does it make no difference?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife wants to apply for a visitor visa. We submitted a spousal sponsorship online out of Canada just last week. Is it better the wait for the 3 months for the AOR then apply for a visitor visa or does it make no difference?

Thanks
IMO it doesn't make a difference and she might as well apply now placing focus on her ties to her home country.

Reactions: armoured

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
IMO it doesn't make a difference and she might as well apply now placing focus on her ties to her home country.
She has been employed at the same company for 8 years. Her employer will provide her a letter for 4 weeks leave. I would buy her a return airline ticket and provide an invitation letter. I would also provide a letter from my employer giving me the same time off. Do you think that is enough? She has no children and rents an apartment. She has older sibling but no obligations other then returning to her job of 8 years. Do you think this will be enough?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She has been employed at the same company for 8 years. Her employer will provide her a letter for 4 weeks leave. I would buy her a return airline ticket and provide an invitation letter. I would also provide a letter from my employer giving me the same time off. Do you think that is enough? She has no children and rents an apartment. She has older sibling but no obligations other then returning to her job of 8 years. Do you think this will be enough?
Don't buy the ticket until you know the visa has been approved.

Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK or UK? If so, show that.

She should ideally show a bank balance (i.e. her own bank balance).

I don't know if this will be enough to be approved.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Don't buy the ticket until you know the visa has been approved.

Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK or UK? If so, show that.

She should ideally show a bank balance (i.e. her own bank balance).

I don't know if this will be enough to be approved.
She only earns enough to survive. So she has no savings. I send her money regularly to help. He live more comfortable. What's sad is we are genuine about applying just as a temporary visitor and she will leave.

Purplehaze1

Jul 9, 2022
She only earns enough to survive. So she has no savings. I send her money regularly to help. He live more comfortable. What's sad is we are genuine about applying just as a temporary visitor and she will leave.
Don't apply and wait patiently for her PR.

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
@Flyingfast have you applied using new online portal?
I got married last month and in canada right now to resume my job. I am thinking to apply spousal PR after submitting visitor visa. Any suggestions?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I applied online. Its taking about 100 days to get the AOR. My plan is to buy my wife a return ticket on Air Canada. If you buy the comfort fair its only a few hundred dollars more then the basic fair but its fully refundable. That way if they don't give her the TRV I will get my $$ back. I only submitted the PR application 2 weeks ago.