+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa was refused for cousin's family

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am seeking advice here with some complicated matter for my cousin. He had a 10-year multiple visit visa for the US but he got deported back 6 years ago on his very first visit from the port of entry justifying that immigration officer can't let him stay as he won't go back to his own country. After a few years, he applied visit visa for Canada to Visit me and some of his extended family and got refusal with explanation i.e. lack of travel history and no strong ties to the home country.

What are the chances if he apply for visitor visa for Canada could be a success? Here are some details for him

Family of 4 with 2 kids
Approx $30,000 in saving
Running his own business
2 previous years of ITR of husband and wife
wife and kids have US visa except for my cousin now.

I am really looking for an expert advise to help my cousin out with this situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I am seeking advice here with some complicated matter for my cousin. He had a 10-year multiple visit visa for the US but he got deported back 6 years ago on his very first visit from the port of entry justifying that immigration officer can't let him stay as he won't go back to his own country. After a few years, he applied visit visa for Canada to Visit me and some of his extended family and got refusal with explanation i.e. lack of travel history and no strong ties to the home country.

What are the chances if he apply for visitor visa for Canada could be a success? Here are some details for him

Family of 4 with 2 kids
Approx $30,000 in saving
Running his own business

I am really looking for an expert advise to help my cousin out with this situation.
Why was he deported from the US?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Family of 4 with 2 kids
Approx $30,000 in saving
Running his own business

Just want to ask something, was he deported from the US or just refused entry at the airport? Those are two different things one is way more serious.

Is he applying on his own and leaving his wife and kids behind? If hes leaving his family behind those are improved ties to his home country than the last time he applied.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
There would have been a reason. Did have items that created concerns he planned on working in the US?
I think it was a rejection at the airport, because the whole family was in the states they didn't think he would go back either.

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
@canuck78 & @Jets13 , I honestly don't know about the intention but he had a return ticket after 4 months but he was refused entry on his very first visit into the country and deported back as well the same day. I am sort of trying to figure out his case as well how can I get his paperwork processed for a visa application for Canada

He came alone and the whole family with wife and kid was in India and they all had valid US visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 & @Jets13 , I honestly don't know about the intention but he had a return ticket after 4 months but he was refused entry on his very first visit into the country and deported back as well the same day. I am sort of trying to figure out his case as well how can I get his paperwork processed for a visa application for Canada
There is more to this story. You have to ask you cousin to be honest about exactly what happened. The fact that he was returned at the POE will definitely create concerns.

Reactions: Noramoda

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
He told me this when the officer asked how long you going to stay so he said 4 months and the next question was why and what would you do? this question put him through the deportation and refusal at the POE. I am just trying to figure is it feasible for him to apply for Canadian visit visa for a short family visit at my residence?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
He told me this when the officer asked how long you going to stay so he said 4 months and the next question was why and what would you do? this question put him through the deportation and refusal at the POE. I am just trying to figure is it feasible for him to apply for Canadian visit visa for a short family visit at my residence?
no one can tell you for sure of his chances. he is not banned from applying in Canada so you can go ahead and apply. Just remember to tell the truth about his previous refusals or he will end up banned. He will need to explain what happened.

Also is he coming alone or with his wife and kids? Do the wife and kids have Canadian visa?

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
His family wants to visit here on marriage with wife and kids

in fact his parent's and his real brother with his own wife and kids have a valid visa for Canada and US and all coming to attend marriage...

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
His family wants to visit here on marriage with wife and kids

in fact his parent's and his real brother with his own wife and kids have a valid visa for Canada and US and all coming to attend marriage...
so then wife and kids are not really strong ties to the home country if they will come with him. he is not leaving them behind so that doesn't really count as ties.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure what you want a lawyer to do. Not everyone qualifies for a TRV. First you need to figure out the real story behind the entry refusal from the US. That has a huge impact on the case.