+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Visit Reason

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
If you have income of $270k/year combined , then putting the reason you need your parents come here to work to take care of your child is nonsensical, when you can well afford to hire someone here that can legally care for your child.
It’s called a caregiver account with the CRA . The government expects people doing this work to be paid the going rate and submit all required income tax deductions. Supervisas aren’t meant to circumvent individuals requiring work permits . I assume you’re on the waiting list for daycare ?
I have my baby at daycare already. I did not mention I want to list this idea, my agent did. I am just looking for advice and ideas now because I have tried my best and it does not seem to be working. I have not seen my parents for months and months now and I do not want my son to be growing up without them spending time with him.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have my baby at daycare already. I did not mention I want to list this idea, my agent did. I am just looking for advice and ideas now because I have tried my best and it does not seem to be working. I have not seen my parents for months and months now and I do not want my son to be growing up without them spending time with him.
So show proof of daycare payments for the next few months. and say that child will remain in daycare. Purpose of visit is to spend time with you and your child. Do not mention care or any type of work.

Reactions: Floof

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
So show proof of daycare payments for the next few months. and say that child will remain in daycare. Purpose of visit is to spend time with you and your child. Do not mention care or any type of work.
Thank you! Would you also know about what a cover letter is? is that different from an invitation letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you! Would you also know about what a cover letter is? is that different from an invitation letter?
No the invitation letter should state that they are coming to visit their grandchild for xx weeks, and your parents are bearing all costs. The child will remain in daycare (show proof of payment) during their visit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest applying yourself or finding another agent since they are not providing good advice. Trying to indicate that there is an emergency need for them to come to Canada could result in them being granted a single entry short expiry period TRV. It sounds as though you may have only recently moved to Canada which is one of the other issues when you applied. IRCC usually wants to see that a couple has established themselves in Canada before allowing their parents to come for a long visit. Some have attempted to have their parents move with them to Canada which isn’t allowed and which is one of the reasons why a supervisa is not allowed initially. Most think that supervisa is based on your salary in Canada when it is based on the amount your have earned in Canada. Their supervisa denial was at least partially because you could not provide NOA which is the preferred proof of meeting income earned in Canada. You don’t need a specific reason for them to come and visit you. Spending time with their child and grandchild is an acceptable reason. They can also list some of the locations they would like to visit. How long would they life to visit and how much liquid funds (not FDs) do they have to show? Would suggest applying for a TRV if neither of you have an NOA that will qualify for a supervisa. I would also suggest indicating a visit of 2-3 weeks although you usually can stay much longer because upon entry most are given an up to 6 month stay. They can always apply for a supervisa for their next visit to Canada when you both will have NOAs that meet the LICO amounts.

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone! I'm currently in the process of applying for a visitor visa for my parents from India to Canada. After consulting with my agent, he strongly advised including a genuine and urgent reason in the cover letter - that we need my parents' assistance in looking after and raising our one-year-old baby. Both my husband and I have demanding tech jobs, and due to project commitments, we cannot take an extended leave to travel and meet them in India.

It's important to note that my parents' visa application was previously refused, but we didn't mention the reason for their visit as "helping with our son" at that time.

I've come across some discussions where people claim that this particular reason often leads to visa rejections (though the exact reasons are unclear to me). However, my parents firmly believe that this is the most valid and significant reason for their visit. I'm seeking your advice and suggestions on this matter. Thank you all!
I have applied for parents visit visa several times, and got them.
I am inviting my biological parents (Mr and Mrs xxx) to visit my family in Canada from 21 - 30th July 2023. This will be an opportunity for my parents and my children to see each other for the first time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for parents visit visa several times, and got them.
I am inviting my biological parents (Mr and Mrs xxx) to visit my family in Canada from 21 - 30th July 2023. This will be an opportunity for my parents and my children to see each other for the first time.
Congratulations since you say they got them! How was their visit?

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Congratulations since you say they got them! How was their visit?
Visits were Cool
As mentioned earlier, visit is a visit, you do not to include much info of what they are coming to do as far as they are your/spouse parents.

Mention the period of their visit, make it short, if possible,

Reactions: Naturgrl