Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
My dad has been living with me in Canada on his visitor's visa and the 6 month period would end in just under 2 months. His return flight is scheduled for July 15 but it is looking unlikely that Air India is going to be resuming flights by that time.

The IRCC website states that application for supervisa must be made from outside Canada, so that does not seem to be an option. I looked into applying for Visitor Record to extend the stay, and it states that the current online application processing time is about 187 days. Also, I don't know if it is necessary to apply for the visitor record if they stay longer because they are unable to leave.

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding what the deal is for people stuck in Canada and wanting to go back to India when flights resume, which may be beyond the date of validity of the visitor visa.

TIA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My dad has been living with me in Canada on his visitor's visa and the 6 month period would end in just under 2 months. His return flight is scheduled for July 15 but it is looking unlikely that Air India is going to be resuming flights by that time.

The IRCC website states that application for supervisa must be made from outside Canada, so that does not seem to be an option. I looked into applying for Visitor Record to extend the stay, and it states that the current online application processing time is about 187 days. Also, I don't know if it is necessary to apply for the visitor record if they stay longer because they are unable to leave.

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding what the deal is for people stuck in Canada and wanting to go back to India when flights resume, which may be beyond the date of validity of the visitor visa.

TIA.
If he isn't able to leave Canada by the end of his allowed visit, he needs to apply to extend his visitor status / apply for a visitor record to keep his status in Canada legal. His application to extend his status must be received by IRCC before his allowed stay ends.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/apply.html