+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (TRV) Applied Online - London VAC: It's now 43 Days

ravelena

Apr 30, 2019
I would like to share the timeline of my application so far:

1st April: Online application submitted.
2nd April: Biometric data requested.
4th April: Biometric data submitted.
9th May: Eligibility Review status changed from 'we will review your eligibility' to 'we are reviewing...'

All the other statuses are currently: 'we do not need....' - except for the Eligibility Review and Background Check, which is now 'we are reviewing eligibility' and 'we are processing background check'. Unfortunately, I am not aware of the date when the background check status changed. I think it was quite early on.

My flight is due this Friday. I booked the ticket because it was a requirement for the visa as they want to know when you are leaving the country. The estimated processing time on their website was 17 days - I didn't expect the timeline to drift so far away from this.

I have sent emails with the subject 'URGENT' as instructed on the answering machine when I called the High Commission of Canada and sent them to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca. Only 1 of my emails was replied and the reply was a generic 'we are processing your application...' I know there is nothing I can do now, but for a little peace of mind, could someone who had their tourist visa application approved share your timelines in detail with me?

If possible, could you provide information on:
  • How many days (and working days) did it take until Visa Approval from Eligibility Review status change?
  • What time of day (UK time) did the status change if you did remember? I'm only hoping if this morning the status was still negative, there might still be a glimmer of hope that by the end of the day it will be approved.
  • How many days did the passport stamping process take?
  • Did you drop-off and collect the passport in person? Can someone else represent you?
  • Have anyone tried going in person to the VAC in London and what was the outcome?
Excuse the desperation and thank you in advance.

Ozymes

Jul 11, 2019
I would like to share the timeline of my application so far:

1st April: Online application submitted.
2nd April: Biometric data requested.
4th April: Biometric data submitted.
9th May: Eligibility Review status changed from 'we will review your eligibility' to 'we are reviewing...'

All the other statuses are currently: 'we do not need....' - except for the Eligibility Review and Background Check, which is now 'we are reviewing eligibility' and 'we are processing background check'. Unfortunately, I am not aware of the date when the background check status changed. I think it was quite early on.

My flight is due this Friday. I booked the ticket because it was a requirement for the visa as they want to know when you are leaving the country. The estimated processing time on their website was 17 days - I didn't expect the timeline to drift so far away from this.

I have sent emails with the subject 'URGENT' as instructed on the answering machine when I called the High Commission of Canada and sent them to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca. Only 1 of my emails was replied and the reply was a generic 'we are processing your application...' I know there is nothing I can do now, but for a little peace of mind, could someone who had their tourist visa application approved share your timelines in detail with me?

If possible, could you provide information on:
  • How many days (and working days) did it take until Visa Approval from Eligibility Review status change?
  • What time of day (UK time) did the status change if you did remember? I'm only hoping if this morning the status was still negative, there might still be a glimmer of hope that by the end of the day it will be approved.
  • How many days did the passport stamping process take?
  • Did you drop-off and collect the passport in person? Can someone else represent you?
  • Have anyone tried going in person to the VAC in London and what was the outcome?
Excuse the desperation and thank you in advance.
Have you gotten the visa now ? And what was the eventual timeline?