+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIsitor Visa to visit Boyfriend from South Africa

jennajay

Mar 21, 2024
I am looking to visit my boyfriend's family at the end of July 2024.
The online estimation says 227 days from my country. But from what I have seen this is somewhat overinflated?
I would like to do my application ASAP to increase the chances of getting the VISA but need some assistance
- What should I include with my application to increase my chances?
- Has anyone had any issues they would like to point out?
- Do I have to book anything (flights accomodation etc) or just show my plan on an itinerary
- What if I will be staying with his parents for part of the trip? Should I book refundable accomodation during that time for my application?
- What processing times have any of you experienced for this?

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Address three points in your application:
1 - Purpose of trip (Why you want to travel to your boyfriend? what will you achieve from this trip? when was last time you met? why to meet in Canada? etc)
2 - Home ties (family ties, job/business ties, bank deposits/assets/property/cars etc)
3- Financials (can you afford this trip? bank statements? regular income)

make sure to include details of above mentioned 3 points. Do not assume that visa officer WILL KNOW about you. You need to explain yourself. write 2 page statement of purpose, very breif and very precise to explain your trip , ties and financials.
- Do I have to book anything (flights accomodation etc) or just show my plan on an itinerary
No, IRCC advise not to buy/book tickets in advance. You need to show you itinerary only.
- What if I will be staying with his parents for part of the trip? Should I book refundable accomodation during that time for my application?
It is OK to live with family or friends, you need to write that in you statement of purpose. (Why you will live with them? Are the willing to accomodate? is their house/flat able to accomodate you)
Usually, I can say that the processing time is variable and can change to higher or lower any time. You need to be patient.

jennajay

Mar 21, 2024
Thank you for this thorough response.
I am going to be truthful about the situation. My boyfriend has visited me in my country 6+ times and actually plans on moving to my country. I am just going to meet his family and see part of his world. The fact that I have a partner there shouldnt raise a flag for them if I prove how rooted I am in SA (I own 3 companies headquarted here, have property and assets and family)?

Address three points in your application:
1 - Purpose of trip (Why you want to travel to your boyfriend? what will you achieve from this trip? when was last time you met? why to meet in Canada? etc)
2 - Home ties (family ties, job/business ties, bank deposits/assets/property/cars etc)
3- Financials (can you afford this trip? bank statements? regular income)

make sure to include details of above mentioned 3 points. Do not assume that visa officer WILL KNOW about you. You need to explain yourself. write 2 page statement of purpose, very breif and very precise to explain your trip , ties and financials.
No, IRCC advise not to buy/book tickets in advance. You need to show you itinerary only.
It is OK to live with family or friends, you need to write that in you statement of purpose. (Why you will live with them? Are the willing to accomodate? is their house/flat able to accomodate you)
Usually, I can say that the processing time is variable and can change to higher or lower any time. You need to be patient.

jennajay

Mar 21, 2024
Should my partner write a letter of invitation even if I will be paying for everything and showing funds in my account to reflect that.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Should my partner write a letter of invitation even if I will be paying for everything and showing funds in my account to reflect that.
Yes, he can. Better he write in a way that XYZ is family friend and want to visit me and my family for XYZ days. She will be bearing all the costs associated with this trip. The purpose is to spend some family time and have cherished memories together.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Yes, he can. Better he write in a way that XYZ is family friend and want to visit me and my family for XYZ days. She will be bearing all the costs associated with this trip. The purpose is to spend some family time and have cherished memories together.