+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa, to settle down my son in the university who is already got the student visa

Mar 13, 2024
applying visit visa to settle down my son in one of the top Canadian universities.
i want to apply the visitor visa, pls guide me how to apply and which catagory

Last edited:

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Its hard to say, if it will be approved.
Your son is an adult and he must be able to join his university onboarding and accomodations.
If this is your alone purpose of trip, The purpose will be inconsistent and higher chances of refusal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
applying visit visa to settle down my son in one of the top Canadian universities.
i want to apply the visitor visa, pls guide me how to apply and which catagory
You apply for a TRV as a visitor.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Apply for a TRV

- Show purpose
Why you want to go? what will you acheive by going? have you did such trips internationally before?
- Show ties to home country
Family ties, job/business ties, property assets, etc
- Show financials
bank statements, bank certificates, FDs etc.

good luck.

Mar 13, 2024
TRV stands for?
can i apply visa to meet friends settled in Canada and to see my son who is studying in Canadian university as undergraduate?

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
TRV is temporary resident visa, the term is commona and is for all purposes which are temporary,
like Visits, Family, Tourism, Medical etc
or
Study, short or long study
or
work, temporary work permits , spouse work permits etc.

You can choose whatever purpose suites you, but make sure your STORY MAKE SENSE.
Like if you say I am going to meet my settled friends. the next quesiton will be "Since when your friends are settled in Canada" "Why you want to visit them only NOW?" "When was last time you met them?" "What are you going to acheive by meeting them" "Can you afford to spend your hard earned money just to go and visit a friend" etc.

Last edited:

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
what if i want to visit my son who is studying in the university?
Sir whenever you want to apply for a TRV for visit purposes, you will need to address the below points in your application:
1- Purpose of trip
2- Home ties
3- Financial circumstances
Each point will have set of questions to be addressed

1- The purpose should be consistent and make sense, you will need to address few sub-points. I will give you few examples:
Tourism:
Are you a regular tourist? when was your last touristic trip? what is your touristic travel history? Why only Canada? etc
Meeting a friend:
Already provided example in my last post
Meeting studying son:
Is your son full time student? since when your son is student (time spent of studying)? Does your son need your support? what will you achieve from meeting him? What will happen if you didnot meet him? etc
Medical treatment:
What is your condition? Why only Canada? what your doctor said? how did you choose to go for treatment in Canada? how did you find the particular Dr in canada? etc.

2- Home ties
What ties you have to home country?
Family? job/Business? asset/properties? job prospects in your country vs canada? ties family members in Canada vs family members in home country? etc

3. Financial circumstances:
Can you afford such a trip? from where the money is coming? how much money are you using out of your savings? does it make sense to spend that much money on a leisure trip? etc.
Example:
your trip is costing 4000CAD , you have 5000CAD in your account. Does it make sense that someone will exhaust 80% of hard earned monies on a leisure trip?

I gave you above example to set the right expection of VO from your application. Whenever you apply a application, the VO will be thinking in above mentioned points. If you dont address these points, you are likely to be refused. Reasons will be roaming around above mentioned points.
Good luck

Mar 13, 2024
Dear
now I'm applying the family visitor visa for myself.
as I have plan to visit in May 2025 to usa to meet family friends there and want to visit Canada also to meet my family friends and my son who is studying in Canadian university.
attaching cousin invitation letter (who is Canadian citizen)
I have travel history, England twice, visited twice USA, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Qatar. UAE, Saudia, Turkey twice etc.
do you think I will the visa, as it was refused before while going along with my son to settle him down in his Canadian university, now son got the visa and going in august 2024 and I'm planning to visit him in May 2025.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Dear
now I'm applying the family visitor visa for myself.
as I have plan to visit in May 2025 to usa to meet family friends there and want to visit Canada also to meet my family friends and my son who is studying in Canadian university.
attaching cousin invitation letter (who is Canadian citizen)
I have travel history, England twice, visited twice USA, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Qatar. UAE, Saudia, Turkey twice etc.
do you think I will the visa, as it was refused before while going along with my son to settle him down in his Canadian university, now son got the visa and going in august 2024 and I'm planning to visit him in May 2025.
Don't forget to mention the refusal on the new application. all previous refusals..
do you think I will the visa..
No one can predict the outcome.. just make a good application..
Show ties, financials, travel history, family FRC, marriage certificates etc..