+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa to Canada - Refusal :(

kmoussa1980

Aug 25, 2018
Good day,

I've applied online for temporary resident visa (Visitor) to Canada for 2 weeks at my annual vacation , to attend the wedding of my 1st cousin . Yesterday I got a refusal letter for the reasons :

* you have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident . in regarding this decision . i considered several factors including :
1- travel history
2-personal assets and financial status

Noting that :

1- I'm a full time banker ( Section-head )(bankemd - lebanon) with a monthly salary of 2000 CAD paid over 16 months /year - schooling paid 100% for my children (Provided an employment letter stating the basic salary and that I'm travelling on my vacation and coming back to Lebanon ).
2- fully insured at my work ( life and medical ) provided a copy of my insurance card .
3- provided salary slips for the last six months
4- provided an SOA for the salary A/C for the last year .
5- provided a copy of my credit cards
6- provided an attestation for a deposit A/C with 10000 USD .
7- provided my NSSF national security ID .
8- provided a copy of my recent passport with about 25 visas at the last 10 years to Egypt - Bahrain -Qatar- Saudi Arabia - Lebanon (all papers and stamps ) . since I was working in Saudi Arabia from 2007 till 2012 .
9- I provided a wedding card invitation . and a letter of invitation from my cousin .
10- I provided a return ticket for two weeks ( noting my vacation is 15 days )
11- I provided a list of my Canadian citizen cousins ( 3 uncles and their siblings from my father side / 2 uncles and 4 aunts and their siblings from my mother side , even my deceased grand father and grandmother are Canadian citizens )as a proof of relation ship . ( mainly all my family are Canadian Citizens ) .

Isn't this enough for a solid application for ( two weeks vacation ) . I'm not Interested to stay or live in Canada since I have my wife and three children waiting for me and a good job with good salary and 100% life and medical insurance and schooling in my country and living in my own house with no loans or mortgage and owning two cars .

I'm not planning to re-apply . I just want someone to explain where is the missing or misleading information in my application because refusing such application does not make sense in a country which praises human rights and equality of opportunities .

Thank you ,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Source of revenue for Government of Canada is from rejecting visa applications.
It's not actually. The cost to process a file is more than the fee that is taken.

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
It's not actually. The cost to process a file is more than the fee that is taken.
How would you say that ? Already there is article on this topic.In 2017, Canada has rejected over 600,000 that is 26% of TRV applications !!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How would you say that ? Already there is article on this topic.In 2017, Canada has rejected over 600,000 that is 26% of TRV applications !!!
Most of those application were never going to be approved bu take a lot of time to go through the application. Definitely not a money maker. Would imagine it also doesn't break even. Cost of visas in Canada are all relatively low.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Good day,

I've applied online for temporary resident visa (Visitor) to Canada for 2 weeks at my annual vacation , to attend the wedding of my 1st cousin . Yesterday I got a refusal letter for the reasons :

* you have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident . in regarding this decision . i considered several factors including :
1- travel history
2-personal assets and financial status

Noting that :

1- I'm a full time banker ( Section-head )(bankemd - lebanon) with a monthly salary of 2000 CAD paid over 16 months /year - schooling paid 100% for my children (Provided an employment letter stating the basic salary and that I'm travelling on my vacation and coming back to Lebanon ).
2- fully insured at my work ( life and medical ) provided a copy of my insurance card .
3- provided salary slips for the last six months
4- provided an SOA for the salary A/C for the last year .
5- provided a copy of my credit cards
6- provided an attestation for a deposit A/C with 10000 USD .
7- provided my NSSF national security ID .
8- provided a copy of my recent passport with about 25 visas at the last 10 years to Egypt - Bahrain -Qatar- Saudi Arabia - Lebanon (all papers and stamps ) . since I was working in Saudi Arabia from 2007 till 2012 .
9- I provided a wedding card invitation . and a letter of invitation from my cousin .
10- I provided a return ticket for two weeks ( noting my vacation is 15 days )
11- I provided a list of my Canadian citizen cousins ( 3 uncles and their siblings from my father side / 2 uncles and 4 aunts and their siblings from my mother side , even my deceased grand father and grandmother are Canadian citizens )as a proof of relation ship . ( mainly all my family are Canadian Citizens ) .

Isn't this enough for a solid application for ( two weeks vacation ) . I'm not Interested to stay or live in Canada since I have my wife and three children waiting for me and a good job with good salary and 100% life and medical insurance and schooling in my country and living in my own house with no loans or mortgage and owning two cars .

I'm not planning to re-apply . I just want someone to explain where is the missing or misleading information in my application because refusing such application does not make sense in a country which praises human rights and equality of opportunities .

Thank you ,
You have family in Canada, and your travels were solely within the Middle East. You have not established a history or visiting visa-required Western countries for short visits or vacations. They don’t know that you don’t want to move to Canada, but that is the assumption they take when going through a TRV application. My guess is that your salary still was not convincing enough for them, plus the fact you come from a country that has a reputation of applying for asylum once a TRV is issued.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
TRV application fee: $100
Lowest salary for IRCC employee I can find (and I doubt it gets less than that): $22.00/hr ($46,000/yr) plus benefits, pension, etc.....about $32.00/hr
That gives IRCC staff about 3 hours to process an application, not including supplies and infrastructure costs.
Add to that background and security check, requests for information from other sources (and I doubt those are free) and it adds up to more than you pay.

IRCC make zero dollars on a TRV (or any other application). 600,000 refusals has nothing to do with making money. It has to do with the applicant. It’s not discrimination, or unfair, or wrong. They just don’t qualify.

Last edited:

kmoussa1980

Aug 25, 2018
People seem to forget, being granted a TRV is not a “ right “, but a privilege
TRV application fee: $100
Lowest salary for IRCC employee I can find (and I doubt it gets less than that): $22.00/hr ($46,000/yr) plus benefits, pension, etc.....about $32.00/hr
That gives IRCC staff about 3 hours to process an application, not including supplies and infrastructure costs.
Add to that background and security check, requests for information from other sources (and I doubt those are free) and it adds up to more than you pay.

IRCC make zero dollars on a TRV (or any other application). 600,000 refusals has nothing to do with making money. It has to do with the applicant. It’s not discrimination, or unfair, or wrong. They just don’t qualify.
Its unfair and make no sense .

mayewam

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Chilliwack, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
September 15 2012
Nomination.....
January 9 2013
AOR Received.
January 25 2013
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
June 24 2013
Med's Done....
July 4 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
December 11, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 02, 2014 (crossing my fingers)
LANDED..........
January 03, 2014 (hopefully)
when did you submit your online application? and how many days since you received a reply?