+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa timeline

mehrdadmf

Apr 12, 2017
My wife and I applied online on 1st of April.
we did biometrics on 7th of April.
My wife received her passport submission letter on 11th of April but I haven't.
However, In the part FINAL DECISION of my online profile, when I click on the question mark, it is written that:

(We have reached a final decision on your application.
If your application is approved, we will send you instructions on what to do next.
These instructions will be sent to your account.
If your application is refused, we will send you the reason(s) for the refusal.)

It is weird though, if they received to a decision why I have not received the submission request as well? if they haven't why it is indicated that they have reached a final decision. It's confusing to me.

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
tricialuke said:
Hello friends!

I am happy for those who got PPR already. We are still waiting for feedback from our April 7 TRV Application...
Did you receive any updates? Was it online? I had applied on April 8th, online. Received 2 emails of "Account has been updated on 9th". Nothing after that :(

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehrdadmf said:
My wife and I applied online on 1st of April.
we did biometrics on 7th of April.
My wife received her passport submission letter on 11th of April but I haven't.
However, In the part FINAL DECISION of my online profile, when I click on the question mark, it is written that:

(We have reached a final decision on your application.
If your application is approved, we will send you instructions on what to do next.
These instructions will be sent to your account.
If your application is refused, we will send you the reason(s) for the refusal.)

It is weird though, if they received to a decision why I have not received the submission request as well? if they haven't why it is indicated that they have reached a final decision. It's confusing to me.
They must be going thru your back ground check so it might take some time

Rahim1351

Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone,
I submitted my application online @ Feb 22 and completed bio-metrics @ Mar 08, but so far no news except "bio-metrics collection letter" has anyone any idea for delay?
I am Iranian and I applied also for my family.

tks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rahim1351 said:
Hi everyone,
I submitted my application online @ Feb 22 and completed bio-metrics @ Mar 08, but so far no news except "bio-metrics collection letter" has anyone any idea for delay?
I am Iranian and I applied also for my family.
Did you apply from Iran or another country?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ankara (Turkey) is the visa office for Iran applications. And, the VACs for your biometrics are Ankara, Istanbul, Tbilissi and Baku.

If you reside in Iran, you must inform the Ankara visa office that you had provided your biometrics to the Dubai VAC. You can send both a Case Specific Enquiry + an email for this

Rahim1351

Feb 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
Ankara (Turkey) is the visa office for Iran applications. And, the VACs for your biometrics are Ankara, Istanbul, Tbilissi and Baku.

If you reside in Iran, you must inform the Ankara visa office that you had provided your biometrics to the Dubai VAC. You can send both a Case Specific Enquiry + an email for this
I am living in Iran, but Both Ankara and Dubai can collect bio-metrics for online application, even my friends did the same and get answered!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rahim1351 said:
I am living in Iran, but Both Ankara and Dubai can collect bio-metrics for online application, even my friends did the same and get answered!
The CIC website does not give the Dubai VAC as an option for Iran applications. But, if you say it has worked for your Iran-based friends then that's good.

Nonetheless, I suggest you send a CSE for two reasons:
1. You have given your biometrics at the Dubai VAC
2. Processing has crossed the time posted on the CIC website for Iran applications

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Appreciate help!

Applied online on 28th Mar 2017( indian Passport) lives in UAE
NO NEWS TILL TODAY ON MY APPLICATION.

Should i create a new GCkey account and reapply ? Money is not the concern just wondering if it is against their policy n will backfire.

Processing time is 20 calander days from UAE . Today is 28th day.. yest I received only initial emails on day 1 after that nothing.. i am traveling in may end .. i am afraid if i wait for for reapply it might me too late as only 30 days left including approval and stampingg alone takes 2 weeks. Surprisingly my friends from same office and same nationality got approval in 1 week .. so want to try my luck again.

Please advise if can reapply

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Suminimi said:
Should i create a new GCkey account and reapply ? Money is not the concern just wondering if it is against their policy n will backfire.

Please advise if can reapply
No, you'll have to wait for decisions for their current applications. You cannot apply again while these applications are still being processed.

Have you sent Case Specific Enquiries?

Rahim1351

Feb 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
The CIC website does not give the Dubai VAC as an option for Iran applications. But, if you say it has worked for your Iran-based friends then that's good.

Nonetheless, I suggest you send a CSE for two reasons:
1. You have given your biometrics at the Dubai VAC
2. Processing has crossed the time posted on the CIC website for Iran applications
thanks for your help, can you give me the email address to send them an email as you suggested.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rahim1351 said:
thanks for your help, can you give me the email address to send them an email as you suggested.
For the CSE:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

For the visa office:
ankara-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Bryanna said:
No, you'll have to wait for decisions for their current applications. You cannot apply again while these applications are still being processed.

Yes i logged webform request 1 week ago but no response. Can you please advise what will happen if i reapply ?

Suminimi

Apr 24, 2017
Bryanna said:

I do understand and totally agree with you but i can not wait forever, is there any issue if i create a newGCKEY and re apply ? Whichever approves 1st otherone i can withdraw.. i wrote to Abu dhabi embassy also last week and logged Web form request but just wondering if they take that too seriously.. really there is no SLA which is so surprising at this time where everything is so technologically advance and customer care is very important