+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa switch from one's workpermit to another.

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
Hi Gurus,

I have a situation and I need to understand if anyone faced similar situation and what would be the solution.

I am bringing my parents to Canada on Vistor's visa based on my workpermit which is valid till April 2015 and my parents visitor visa also till April 2015.

In the mean time my wife got work permit and she is travelling with her work permit for 2 years along with my parents.

They will be reaching here tomorrow. My extension of work permit is already filed and the 41 working day will be around April 1st week.

I would like my parents to stay with us another month or two. If I will get my work permit 1 week ahead of their departure date then I can try extending their stay based on my new work permit.

The above also I am not sure if I can extend their stay as soon as I get my WP extension.

But alternatively can I extend their stay or apply another visitor visa based on my Wife's work permit which is 2 years long?

Thanks
Ansuman

makhanis

Nov 14, 2014
Ansuman said:
Hi Gurus,

I have a situation and I need to understand if anyone faced similar situation and what would be the solution.

I am bringing my parents to Canada on Vistor's visa based on my workpermit which is valid till April 2015 and my parents visitor visa also till April 2015.

In the mean time my wife got work permit and she is travelling with her work permit for 2 years along with my parents.

They will be reaching here tomorrow. My extension of work permit is already filed and the 41 working day will be around April 1st week.

I would like my parents to stay with us another month or two. If I will get my work permit 1 week ahead of their departure date then I can try extending their stay based on my new work permit.

The above also I am not sure if I can extend their stay as soon as I get my WP extension.

But alternatively can I extend their stay or apply another visitor visa based on my Wife's work permit which is 2 years long?

Thanks
Ansuman
Your parents visitor visas validity is till april 2015, this means they need to enter Canada by April 2015, once they are at the airport, the officer will decide how long they will be staying, normally if they do not ask any question and if they simply stamp on the passport that means they are allowed in Canada for 6 months from the date they enter the Country.

You can always apply to extend the stay , normally you need to apply about 45 days before your stay is expiring.

makhanis

Nov 14, 2014
Ansuman said:
Hi Gurus,

Thanks
Ansuman
Your parents visitor visas validity is till april 2015, this means they need to enter Canada by April 2015, once they are at the airport, the officer will decide how long they will be staying, normally if they do not ask any question and if they simply stamp on the passport that means they are allowed in Canada for 6 months from the date they enter the Country.

You can always apply to extend the stay , normally you need to apply about 45 days before your stay is expiring.