+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA STATUS-MEANS ANYTHING?

wanttoget

Nov 28, 2017
This forum helps me a lot on the process of getting the visa. I need to know something Bryanna that would be perfect if you can help me. Heres my status :

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help -
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I applied online from Istanbul and background check changed from NOT APPLICABLE to recent status as seen on the list last thursday.As I read on this forum, this changing means IP2 stage and also means that I got the visa.Is it true? I have my flight on this sunday.I am waiting for your kind response,thank you all in advance.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
but processing time says 11 days for Turkey:( and its just a visitor visa not a pr or study permit.
well for turkey i guess there is no background check as well but when they put any application in background check it can took 3 to 5 months most of applicant applied for visitor and waiting for the decision but applications are in under background verification time is 11 days but it is not a promise or guarantee it is estimated time do you hold Turkey passport?

wanttoget

Nov 28, 2017
well for turkey i guess there is no background check as well but when they put any application in background check it can took 3 to 5 months most of applicant applied for visitor and waiting for the decision but applications are in under background verification time is 11 days but it is not a promise or guarantee it is estimated time do you hold Turkey passport?
I assume that there is no background check but how come did they find a need to put my app in bc? Yep,holding Turkish passport.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I assume that there is no background check but how come did they find a need to put my app in bc? Yep,holding Turkish passport.
Hi,

IRCC can conduct background checks on any application regardless of the nationality. These checks can be due to any reason + could take any length of time (from a few weeks to even a year).

You may want to cancel your tickets/re-book when your TRV is approved.

In the meanwhile, do send a Case Specific Enquiry + an email to the Ankara visa office to request for an expedited decision (if processing has crossed 11 days)

Cheers

wanttoget

Nov 28, 2017
Hi,

IRCC can conduct background checks on any application regardless of the nationality. These checks can be due to any reason + could take any length of time (from a few weeks to even a year).

You may want to cancel your tickets/re-book when your TRV is approved.

In the meanwhile, do send a Case Specific Enquiry + an email to the Ankara visa office to request for an expedited decision (if processing has crossed 11 days)

Cheers
its been 20 days since I´ve applied.I already sent an email to Ankara,thank you anyway. So,is there any assumption that we can say PPR will be the next step?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
its been 20 days since I´ve applied.I already sent an email to Ankara,thank you anyway. So,is there any assumption that we can say PPR will be the next step?
Quite honestly, it is somewhat early to expect a PPR with a background check in progress. You'l need to wait until background checks are completed. After that, your application will be reviewed by a visa officer and a decision will be made

wanttoget

Nov 28, 2017
Quite honestly, it is somewhat early to expect a PPR with a background check in progress. You'l need to wait until background checks are completed. After that, your application will be reviewed by a visa officer and a decision will be made
Thank you so much both of you. Finally I could find an answer.