+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Spouse

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to apply visitor visa - online for my spouse who is in India at the moment, I'm Canadian PR Holder who is working for Canadian Employer but is in India at the moment & doing work from home from here. I have read that I can select COVID-19 as category for applying visitor visa for my spouse during this pandemic.

I have few questions which are as follows:

1 Can I use my cic gc key account for applying her visitor visa?
2 She has her own event management business but it's not registered company so what can I show in the document section for that?
3 Which are the documents required for this?
4 How much amount is required to be shown for this visa?
5 Do I have to contact cic or PHAC for this?

Thanks for reply in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to apply visitor visa - online for my spouse who is in India at the moment, I'm Canadian PR Holder who is working for Canadian Employer but is in India at the moment & doing work from home from here. I have read that I can select COVID-19 as category for applying visitor visa for my spouse during this pandemic.

I have few questions which are as follows:

1 Can I use my cic gc key account for applying her visitor visa?
2 She has her own event management business but it's not registered company so what can I show in the document section for that?
3 Which are the documents required for this?
4 How much amount is required to be shown for this visa?
5 Do I have to contact cic or PHAC for this?

Thanks for reply in advance.
1.She needs to apply or her own TRV.
2. Business bank statement from her company, other proof of employment/business. Any bookings for future events.
3. She must show that she is not remaining in Canada permanently.
4. There is no set amount of funds. Bank statements, proof of other assets like property, etc
5. This isn't a PHAC case. You aren't even in Canada. PHAC cases are usually to facilitate quick travel to Canada because there is a time sensitive issue like funeral, family member near death, medical emergency like serious car crash, heart attack, etc.

Reactions: vinay16

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for detailed reply.

1. I will create new cic gc key account for her and apply her TRV. Will that work?
2. She is having personal account but she can bifurcate entries received for her events & she has conversation proof for event booking. So will use that. Hope that's fine.

Can you please help with above?
1.She needs to apply or her own TRV.
2. Business bank statement from her company, other proof of employment/business. Any bookings for future events.
3. She must show that she is not remaining in Canada permanently.
4. There is no set amount of funds. Bank statements, proof of other assets like property, etc
5. This isn't a PHAC case. You aren't even in Canada. PHAC cases are usually to facilitate quick travel to Canada because there is a time sensitive issue like funeral, family member near death, medical emergency like serious car crash, heart attack, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

1. I will create new cic gc key account for her and apply her TRV. Will that work?
2. She is having personal account but she can bifurcate entries received for her events & she has conversation proof for event booking. So will use that. Hope that's fine.

1. Yes
2. She really needs more proof that she is actively employed. She essentially needs to prove that she has strong ties to India and is only temporarily visiting Canada because she is applying to visit Canada. It is usually quite hard for spouses of PRs to obtain TRVs.

Reactions: vinay16

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018

Hi,

I am in exactly similar situation.

I have Canada PR and moved to India two months back for my marriage. Me and my husband wants to move to Canada and want to apply from India for his visitor visa.

Please let me know if you were able to file the application successfully and the other requirements for Canada travel/visitor visa? From where can I get set of documents to apply for Spouse visitor visa from India?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have Canada PR and moved to India two months back for my marriage. Me and my husband wants to move to Canada and want to apply from India for his visitor visa.

Please let me know if you were able to file the application successfully and the other requirements for Canada travel/visitor visa? From where can I get set of documents to apply for Spouse visitor visa from India?

Thank you.
There is no spouse visa it is a normal travel visa.

Edna179452

Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone,
My husband applied and it was approved at first but they said his biometric had expired since he had a previous PR application that was refused.
After doing another biometric we thought they would return his passport back stamped but instead they requested for more chats, photos of us and finances.
We still haven't gotten the passport back. Is it possible that because we did a new biometric they reviewed the application again....I am losing my mind here. Has anyone encountered this before

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
I couldn't apply as I read that processing time is tooo long plus my wife had injured her leg and she is advised bed rest for 6 months. I will go back to Canada and apply for her PR.

What about you ?
Hi,

Thank you.