+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (Spouse) Timeline post Biometrics

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, could anyone please let me know how to link the biometric to visiting visa application. My wife gave biometric with the PR biometric request letter, and they asked to link the same to the existing visiting vis application. Do we just need to submit a webform with the application number and biometric ID to get it linked?. Appreciate your help.
Send in a webform indicating that she has done biometrics for her PR application on a certain date already.

Joymag83

Jul 6, 2021
Hi,
My husband and son applied for a TRV to be reunited with me here in Canada for 2 months. My husband just received his Biometrics Instruction Letter. What are the chances their application for a visa will be approved after receiving this letter? Are there instances where one just receive a denial letter even without having received the Biometric Instruction Letter? If Biometrics goes well, will they be approved? I appreciate your input and help. Thank you.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Hi,
My husband and son applied for a TRV to be reunited with me here in Canada for 2 months. My husband just received his Biometrics Instruction Letter. What are the chances their application for a visa will be approved after receiving this letter? Are there instances where one just receive a denial letter even without having received the Biometric Instruction Letter? If Biometrics goes well, will they be approved? I appreciate your input and help. Thank you.
getting a biometrics is a standard process for all the applications. they have to do the bio done first in order for the application to be in process
but right now no one of the visitor visa applications are processing from long time in New delhi visa office unless yours in different country.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,
Biometrics is biometrics, its a default step in a visa application. It has absolutely no impact on the final decision.

Approval of a visitor visa solely depends on how well you can convince the officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
My wife visiting visa application was declined yesterday. We applied in December 2020, and gave biometrics two weeks back. We also have her PR application in process and they cited that as one of the reasons for declining. We even booked return flight tickets and showed funds but still the visa officer was not satisfied. Should we try again or just wait patiently for the PR to get approved. Appreciate your help and guidance.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
My wife visiting visa application was declined yesterday. We applied in December 2020, and gave biometrics two weeks back. We also have her PR application in process and they cited that as one of the reasons for declining. We even booked return flight tickets and showed funds but still the visa officer was not satisfied. Should we try again or just wait patiently for the PR to get approved. Appreciate your help and guidance.
Same case here. Having a spousal application in process and showing dual intent does not guarantee an approval.

Their reasoning of having storng family ties in Canada is bullshit when they issued a guideline where a visitor can apply for work permit.

• Sad
Reactions: gokul0989

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Same case here. Having a spousal application in process and showing dual intent does not guarantee an approval.

Their reasoning of having storng family ties in Canada is bullshit when they issued a guideline where a visitor can apply for work permit.
[/QUOT

Lets hope the PR application will progress.

Zoya M

Jan 24, 2022
TRV Applied for my spouse from Kuwait
12th Oct
Biometrics Done 14th Oct
Since then nothing and my spousal application is in process too since 6months,
will it be added advantage or not.
spoke with IRCC Agent molly and she said everything seems to be fine and security checks are going on with both.
Yesterday got standard reply from ADIMMGRATION CA Stating everything seems to be fine however if we need anything will revert back to you it’s in process.
Ig they want to say no and there is rejection why are they taking 6 to 7 months just say no.
idk entire system it’s too shady and slow.
God bless all and they should expedite all the applications
any update?