+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - September 2022

Sep 28, 2013
Hi there,
submitted my application on 30/09 and biometrics done on 07/10 and absolutely nothing since. zero updates, no actual answeres to my mails, not even eligibility review started.
Yes. They are not giving any proper response and I always get a standard reply from them. The application has crossed more than their stipulated time as well (It is 162 days as on date) but still no clarity from their end as to where it is the held up.

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Yes. They are not giving any proper response and I always get a standard reply from them. The application has crossed more than their stipulated time as well (It is 162 days as on date) but still no clarity from their end as to where it is the held up.
it also depends on the type of your visa but generally speaking, they are taking their time. when I applied processing time was 45 days, now it 197 days and at some point it was 225 days !! for visitors visa ...

Sep 28, 2013
Yes it depends on the type of the VISA too.

Mine is a Worker VISA and I am a "Returning Worker".
Valid Work permit processed by my company was submitted along with the application,
Biometric is already valid.
Medical is also valid.

At least they could have said where the application is held up so we know there is some progress being made. If they don't reply with the right information it puts us as applicants in the dark.

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Yes it depends on the type of the VISA too.

Mine is a Worker VISA and I am a "Returning Worker".
Valid Work permit processed by my company was submitted along with the application,
Biometric is already valid.
Medical is also valid.

At least they could have said where the application is held up so we know there is some progress being made. If they don't reply with the right information it puts us as applicants in the dark.
EXACTLY !
unfortunately no one is responsive. let's hope the aggressive measures they are taking to reduce the backlog is effective and we all can have an update real soon

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
My son TRV from Dubai, UAE got approved and following is the timeline:

Application submitted: September 10, 2022 at gckey
Biometrics: wasn't required
Review of eligibility started: same day started
Passport Request Letter: Feb 20, 2023

Vai

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
Our application was lodged on 23rd September. Biometric completed on 26th Sept. Portal shows review started.. Had raised webform to Abu Dhabi office and received a reply that our application is in queue for review.
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your E-mail.
Your application is in queue for review.
Unfortunately due to the outbreak of COVID-19, IRCC processing times and the response to client enquires has been significantly impacted. This is due to circumstances beyond our control.
We appreciate your patience and we will contact you with the next step in due time.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

More than six months and still is waiting in queue? Is this a generic response mail or is there any issue in our applications?

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
Our application was lodged on 23rd September. Biometric completed on 26th Sept. Portal shows review started.. Had raised webform to Abu Dhabi office and received a reply that our application is in queue for review.
Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your E-mail.
Your application is in queue for review.
Unfortunately due to the outbreak of COVID-19, IRCC processing times and the response to client enquires has been significantly impacted. This is due to circumstances beyond our control.
We appreciate your patience and we will contact you with the next step in due time.

We trust this information will be of assistance.

More than six months and still is waiting in queue? Is this a generic response mail or is there any issue in our applications?
Hi there,
this is the standard procedure as it seems.
because I applied 30/sept and biometrics done 07/oct and still waiting for it. I applied from Italy. looks like they are backlogging everywhere and regardless of where you applied from. good thing they didnt play the Ukraine card for you.
but recently there have been some movements and something is changing. they are responding and sending updates more frequently.
so we should just hang in there and wait. one of my friends, who applied may 2022 just got passport request few days ago.
so let's hope for the best.

Apr 6, 2023
Hi, my name is Lisa! I need some help here, am trying all the media I can until I get some answers. I apply for my visa for me and my son from last year June. I was here sitting down thinking why am not able to receive any news on the results when I reached out to the Agency that did my application she said that she is not seeing anything on my status, so I went ahead to check. Nothing was there apart from having the account.
I reached out to IRCC and I got an email saying that they had sent in a correspondence message on the 25th of January. I went again and try everything and am still unable to see any result. I reached out to so many platforms and still no answers. Please can someone help me here I want to know what were the answers to my application, it's been nearly three months now since they replied? What if I was approved and I am not able to see the result what will happen to my opportunity? Please someone I need help. Not like I can't go straight to the embassy and ask about my results. I need answers.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hi, my name is Lisa! I need some help here, am trying all the media I can until I get some answers. I apply for my visa for me and my son from last year June. I was here sitting down thinking why am not able to receive any news on the results when I reached out to the Agency that did my application she said that she is not seeing anything on my status, so I went ahead to check. Nothing was there apart from having the account.
I reached out to IRCC and I got an email saying that they had sent in a correspondence message on the 25th of January. I went again and try everything and am still unable to see any result. I reached out to so many platforms and still no answers. Please can someone help me here I want to know what were the answers to my application, it's been nearly three months now since they replied? What if I was approved and I am not able to see the result what will happen to my opportunity? Please someone I need help. Not like I can't go straight to the embassy and ask about my results. I need answers.
Did you applied online or paper based? If online then you can check the status, what is the result, is it approved or refused and in both cases you can find the corresponding letters at down of the page. If applied paper based then either you can contact with your visa center or create a gckey account and linked your paper based application and then can see the results.

Other option is to contact ircc via webform and inquire about your case and request them to send approval/rejection letters on your registered email.

Third option is to contact your local consulate/embassy through their email address, you can find all embassies email addresses from ircc website

Reactions: Leonardo16

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
hi
just like other replies from other friends, you have so many ways of getting an answer but I was thinking about a step back, to check a more simple and basic thing.
did you check your accounts with different computers of phones? because browsers and cache and all those can be tricky. although it seems unlikely but it never hurts to try different systems to see if it casts the same result.

Hopsking

Sep 23, 2022
To day i got the correspondence letter any thoughts guys is it a good, bad ,normal sign

submission on 7 September 2022
biometrics on 12 September 2022
Eligibility Review started 12 September 2022
Correspondence letter 14/04/2023

Status remained the same :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

Reactions: Leonardo16

Leonardo16

Oct 4, 2022
To day i got the correspondence letter any thoughts guys is it a good, bad ,normal sign

submission on 7 September 2022
biometrics on 12 September 2022
Eligibility Review started 12 September 2022
Correspondence letter 14/04/2023

Status remained the same :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
wow such a good news. a friend of mine got passport request few (like 7-10) days after correspondence letter.
I myself submitted my application on sept 30 and biometrics done on 7 oct.
so I guess not much longer and hopefully I'll get in too.
wish you the best. in my experience it's a good news.
keep us posted please

Hopsking

Sep 23, 2022
wow such a good news. a friend of mine got passport request few (like 7-10) days after correspondence letter.
I myself submitted my application on sept 30 and biometrics done on 7 oct.
so I guess not much longer and hopefully I'll get in too.
wish you the best. in my experience it's a good news.
keep us posted please
tnx for the good feedback wish you the best

lovefood

Mar 30, 2023
submission 20 September 2022
biometrics 22 September 2022
Eligibility Review started around 7\6 March 2023
PPR 19 May 2023

good luck to everyone!

ashsense

Aug 18, 2022
Is anyone still waiting on a Visitor Visa from September 2022?
My father applied for his and my mother's visitor visa with my father being the Principal Applicant. My mother received the visitor visa in January 2023, but my father's visa is still being processed. The last update was from March 16, 2023, when he submitted the government service request form.
Is anyone else in a similar boat?