+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor VISA second extension

hemanth1983

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Hi - To start with apologies if this is a repeated question which was answered before, but still wanted to post it considering the current COVID situation and my specific scenario.

My mother-in-law landed on visitor visa on Dec 2019 and we applied for an extension in June 2020, now we the extension approved only till Sep 2020. We still don't have flights connecting to her native city in India. Even if some special flights are available through Air India, it is not safe to travel now to India and again quarantine in facility at the landing city and have to arrange for another commute to her native later. Also she does not speak English, so we have to look out for someone travelling from Canada, who speak her language.

I know overall there are lot travel constraints mainly because of the COVID situation. Just wondering if I can apply for another extension now and if we don't get a response from CIC on her second extension by Sep 2020, can she stay past the current extension approved date which is Sep 2020.

Appreciate the guidance and directions.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Hi - To start with apologies if this is a repeated question which was answered before, but still wanted to post it considering the current COVID situation and my specific scenario.

My mother-in-law landed on visitor visa on Dec 2019 and we applied for an extension in June 2020, now we the extension approved only till Sep 2020. We still don't have flights connecting to her native city in India. Even if some special flights are available through Air India, it is not safe to travel now to India and again quarantine in facility at the landing city and have to arrange for another commute to her native later. Also she does not speak English, so we have to look out for someone travelling from Canada, who speak her language.

I know overall there are lot travel constraints mainly because of the COVID situation. Just wondering if I can apply for another extension now and if we don't get a response from CIC on her second extension by Sep 2020, can she stay past the current extension approved date which is Sep 2020.

Appreciate the guidance and directions.
did you get approval on the 2nd extension
if yes, how long is it for